• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

so confused !!

dsarah1977

Weighed myself said gain 3lbs yesterday and another 1lb today well stressed and upset as done nohing different so cant understand a gain like that i am due on but never ever put weight on please help i dunno wat to think x

Sweetheart don't be too down on yourself - lets face it our bodies have minds of their own and when WE feel we've lost weight our bodies tend to through a spanner in the works!!!!

Just keep on doing what your doing and if you are doing it right you will get the weight loss for your hard work soon.

Don't fall back into the old habit of thinking i've been SO good and i am not losing!!!!oh i might as well have something to eat.

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to keep you spirits and willpower up to beat the losers blues x

According to the nurses at the weight management clinic I attend, the body can retain about 7lbs of fluid when period is due. You have been doing really well Sarah. It is terribly disheartening when this happens but try and keep it together - you are doing so well.

Try not to weigh yourself every day coz if scales show a mid week gain this can be a deterrent and make you feeling low............stick to the once a week weigh in to avoid uneccessary misery and upset.

All the best - mejulie

Hi Sarah, I think the once a week weigh in better too. This way at the end of the week your weight will have evened it self out so you can see a weekly weight loss instead of a daily where you might be holding more water. Don't give in you're doing great and to see a bigger loss at the end of the week will be much nicer than a pound here and there. Good luck xxGaynorxx

Sarah You are doing great!!
Like others say try and weigh only once a week, say every Saturday, I know its hard and I find it hard not to jump on the scales every day, But Don't let it dishearten you. You have done so well, so keep at it!! (((HUGS))) x

Hi Sarah,

I was advised not to weigh myself everyday for a few reasons.Your weight can change every hour for different reasons e.g you drank and retained more fluids, you just ate a big meal, you are constipated, or, for women, you are premenstrual.
The scales dont tell you if your weight change is from water, fat, or muscle. So think of the scales as a tool to track weight changes over time, and don't be obsessed about any daily changes.
Personally i have always weighed myself once to twice times a week it gives a better picture of weight changes than it does stepping onto the scale every day or, at the other extreme, only every other month.

Hopefully this will help you feel better about yourself ,we all have our up and down days keep up the great work .

One added note to make you smile and this is true i am not making it up ,i was re-admitted back into hospital on weds this week and came out yesterday before i came out they asked if i wanted weighing and as i havent weighed myself yet since my op,i thought yeah why not,i sat on a chair and asked what i weighed imagine my suprise when they said 133.4kg and i weighed 133.1kg before the op,
so basically i have been on pureed food had approx 75% of my stomach removed and i am heavier now than before.
But am i worrying ? no of course not,i know i have swelling and fluids still in my body from internal bleeding,so dont let your 1lb gain get you down just smile and think positive on your next weigh day.

(((( hugs ))))

Hi Sarah,

I was advised not to weigh myself everyday for a few reasons.Your weight can change every hour for different reasons e.g you drank and retained more fluids, you just ate a big meal, you are constipated, or, for women, you are premenstrual.
The scales dont tell you if your weight change is from water, fat, or muscle. So think of the scales as a tool to track weight changes over time, and don't be obsessed about any daily changes.
Personally i have always weighed myself once to twice times a week it gives a better picture of weight changes than it does stepping onto the scale every day or, at the other extreme, only every other month.

Hopefully this will help you feel better about yourself ,we all have our up and down days keep up the great work .

One added note to make you smile and this is true i am not making it up ,i was re-admitted back into hospital on weds this week and came out yesterday before i came out they asked if i wanted weighing and as i havent weighed myself yet since my op,i thought yeah why not,i sat on a chair and asked what i weighed imagine my suprise when they said 133.4kg and i weighed 133.1kg before the op,
so basically i have been on pureed food had approx 75% of my stomach removed and i am heavier now than before.
But am i worrying ? no of course not,i know i have swelling and fluids still in my body from internal bleeding,so dont let your 1lb gain get you down just smile and think positive on your next weigh day.

(((( hugs ))))

That happened to me too!!!
I was 4 lb heavier after my op!
I do weigh myself every day and I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself. Due to constipation today I gained 1lb but it can be easy to get disheartened when you don't see the weight coming off, especially post surgery.
Hang on in there and move the scales out of the bathroom that way you won't be tempted to hop on them every day. I have asked my OH to take mine out of the bathroom today and hide them so I can only get on once a week!!!

I dont have any scales in the house anymore,as i used to be tempted to weigh everyday,i go into town and use the scales in the same Boots chemist everytime i weigh myself,as i know different scales can weigh people differently.
I have decided to leave it a week now before i weigh myself properly by then my swelling and fluids will have hopefully gone down ;)
xx

sarah i seem to remember from an earlier thread that you have increased your exercise remember muscle is heavier than fat ,but better for you take care an keep your chin up x:wavey:

Hiya Sarah

Aw dont be disheartened hun your doing so well. I agree with everyone else you must stop weighing yourself every day and when you do weigh yourself once weeky preferably, make it at the same time of day each time, early morning is probably best and also in the same place in your home. I know my weighing scales give a different reading depending on the type of surface they are on. the bathroom floor is fine but the carpet in the hall makes me weigh more!

Blonde moment I hope your healing ok now and that the weight starts to come off soon :)

I used to be obsessed with weighing myself - often several times a day:(. I now only get weighed once a week at the weight management clinic.

I personally believe there should be a No-Weigh Day where bonfires are made of bathroom scales and we can all dance free and wild, released from the chains of their, often inaccurate, oppression.:banana dancer:

Back