• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So what do I do?

angeeb

I've always drank very little.....before my op and after.....in fact i barely drink a litre a day, always been like this my whole life as i'm just never thirsty, anyway...

I always knew I would be slow looser as one the drinking.......two, i'm not very mobile due to a disability and three, I started off at 15st 5lb pre op so not on the heavier side of WLS patients anyway.

4 days ago i weighed and am was 12st 1lb......i thought to myself right, i'm literally going to drown myself if i have to and start upping the fluids, so for 4 days i've managed to get in around around a litre and a half to almost 2 litres.

The last few days i've had a headache and felt sick as a dog but least managed to get the extra fluid in! So weighed today and i'm 12st 5 and a half! :eek::eek:

Now I know this can't be fat as i've not been eating wrong......so do I just carry on and the "fluid weight" will right itself? I've been making myself feel pretty rogh getting it in and all for a weight gain.........seems so back to front!

I struggle to get the liquid in but I have been doing 1.5 ltrs minimum a day. Seem to spend an age up and down the stairs to the loo not sure if it helps or not.
There was a prog on the other night which said over drinking killed more people than dehydration !!!

Hi Angee,

I'm not an expert but I ready somewhere else on another thread that if you were dehydrated before and suddenly started making up the difference, the body might want to store a lot of the new increased water intake to make up the proper water percentage in the body (approx 70% water) which it was previously lacking.

So if your body has decided to store some of that extra water that will explain the extra pounds.

However, from this point on, if you continue to keep up the same good hydration your body should be more willing to release the fat ...... I believe that is the theory (sort of) !!

Maybe that's it Sharon.....hope I get used to it though as it's making me feel sick! feel like i'm drowning :sigh:

I'm no expert either and believe me I know what you mean - I'm just never thirsty and have to work like mad to drink enough but I do believe it will right itself. Maybe it's a bit like if you eat too few calories, your body clings on to your fat, maybe if you don't drink enough, at first your body clings on to the extra fluid but if you keep drinking the same it will sort out a nice balance. I mean water weighs a lot in it's self so if you've drank a lot before a weight in you will definitely weigh more. I'd keep at it if you can and see if it helps in the long run :)

Back