• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why oh why ...... I'm so upset

moonflower

Why cant i seem to lose any weight was on a stall but then it started to move just by a couple of pounds.
Then yesterday weighed myself as i thought it had been a few days and was hoping to get to three stones lost when BANG 2 lbs on. :cry::cry:
Well i cried and have been so emotional since yesterday morning. I know its prob due to TOM but I usually notice fluid as my wedding ring gets tight I've only just started to wear it the last few weeks.

I've been having plenty of fluids, meals as should be with as much protein as poss. Been having couple glasses of milk.

I've even tried to get out and about more even though it kills me I've been gritting my teeth and doing it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as its making me so stressed
I cant take fortimel, slim fast as they make me heave and sick

Ali
xx

So sorry to hear of your troubles Ali.

Unfortunately I'm no expert. The 'usual' answers seem to have been answered and the exercise isn't really feasible by the looks of it.

Perhaps you should make an appointment with your team to discuss your options?

Allie? Am i right in thinking you've recently been able to get your wedding rings back on after them not fitting for quite some time? If so this might explain the fact that they haven't got tight...

Us ladies all know that TOM can add up to 4lbs to us so i wouldn't worry too much....

Apart from that have you thought of keeping a food diary and then if you still stall speak to the dietician?

Hope you see the loss when the awful TOM goes away, keep your chin up girl, you are doing great xx

Hugs Allie,

Firstly, it cannot be 2lb of fat you have gained. You have to eat 3500 calories over and above your daily BMR to gain 1lb. We all know that is impossible, so by default it can only be water weight which will be off as soon as it was on.

You are doing all the right things hun. Drink lots, eat as much protein as you can manage. Dont worry about the slimfast/fortimel if you cant stomach them... Your body has enough of a protein store to get you through the early months until you are eating "normally".

And finally, try not to worry. The weight simply has to come off, but we are all different and lose at different weights. It's common for me to have a couple of weeks with no weight loss followed by a whoosh, whilst others lose slow and steady at a couple of pounds a week.

Hun we had our ops bout the same time, i had mine on the second. I stalled from day 6 for 3.5 weeks then lost for a week stalled again and now stalled for the 3 rd time.
It has got me down so badly i have been in a bad way, but even though i have stalled i have dropped 4 sizes since my op.
Hun measure urself as u most prob will be shrinking although stalling. I spoke to my team yesterday and was told to not worry bout the stalls as there is nothing we can do except upping protein and fluids and waiting for it to go, every one stalls with weight5 loss whether post bypass or on a normal diet and it will pass.

Do u keep track of ur food intake and are u having enough protein, i use a fab site Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com and u can keep track of all ur food and it has a massive food database and i find this helps me especially to make sure i keep my protein levels up.

Take care and i know its hard to believe it but this stall will pass soon and u will suddenly lose a big chunk of weight xxx

Aw Im sure it will start coming off soon....TOTM is such a pain, when I was on SW I used to put up 5Lb on! Try and stay positive x

I too was under the knife around the same time as you. It is actually my TOM right now and I am going crazy for crackers and cheese! My weight is up and down and all over the place, however I have been measuring myself since well before my surgery and I am happily loosing inches still. As Roch has mentioned it really helps to measure yourself and use that as a guage if your weight is yo-yoing as a number of us have discovered that even during a stall we are still loosing inches!

Thanks all but it so disheartening since the 2nd week i've only lost 9lbs so thats 4 weeks i know it 2lb week average but most seem to be losing more than this. Even my father in law whose doing slimming world has been losing 3 to 4 lbs a week and he gets to eat !!!

Julie yes have started wearing my wedding rings but they are so tight i have to take them off by lunchtime.

I'm at manor next fri so will ask then I know i've lost 2 and 3/4 stones in six plus 2 pre-op so cant complain too much really but having a 17 day stall then losing a couple pounds then stopping again

Sorry for the moan i'll blame my hormones lol

Thanks again to everyone

xx

fingers crossed it will start to drop again soon.

I really know how you feel - I have stalled now for 3 weeks:confused: - it is disheartening but as someone has said it has to go at some point , well done for what you have achieved so far :happy096: - your body could just be taking time to adjust to the op - it is a big procedure after all :)

keep up the good work...:gen126:

Moonflower you're not alone. I've lost 5 stone pre op and since surgery and it's stopped now. I've not lost a thing for a month and I don't even have a TOM thanks to my contraceptive pill. I know that I am no where near eating as much as I was pre op so I know it's not because I'm over eating etc. With me it's probably not drinking enough and causing me to retain water.

I spoke to my surgeon the other day and he wasn't at all concerned about my stall. My weight loss will start again soon enough and I'm sure yours will as well.

Have a talk with your team if it's distressing you and hopefully they'll reassure you.

Ali - don't get too upset sweetheart. In the early days this can happen to some bypasses and as Sam said earlier you would need to eat a hell of a lot to put the 2lb on so more than likely it will be water maybe due to your TOTM. I have had plateau's and small weight gains from the very beginning of my weight loss after surgery and in my plateau periods i usually find i will lose inches around my body that is why i only weigh myself once a month now as i didn't like the disappointment of not losing weight.

You are doing fantastically well and you look great too - sending special hugs and fairy dust to keep you safe and sparkling xx

Thanks

Phoned and spoke to Anna this am as Georgia was off. She said to do what i'm doing and like you've all said its probably water. She said not to worry about the amount of protein or amounts of fats and sugars just have tons to drink squash,water and milk and try to eat small amounts of protiens with veg regularly. She said it should start to move soon but I've only got 6 months of good weight-loss so make the most of it. I told her i was and that i want this to work and I am doing my utmost to blumming make it so. I'm eating about 8th of what i used to and better stuff so it had better start to work soon

xx

Hi Moonflower, glad you got some positive info, and as everyone has said it will start again.:)

Don't listen to your father in law, men do shift their weight quicker than woman. Just think if you had not have had the op would would have been much bigger than you are now, think where and what you were doing this time last year, then think what you will be doing this time next year!! If you shift 2lbs a week over a couple of months that will soon mount up. I would have had to work so hard to shift that weight and I would not have then lost that amount the week after. You know in your heart you have done nothing wrong to have this small gain, just be prepared that this may happen again next month.

Keep smiling
Nicky:D

Thanks again

nicky xx
ladylite xx

Hi Moonflower. I had my op just after you and my weight loss has been so erratic. One day it's up, then down (and these can vary as much as half a stone) and then I have weeks where nothing happens. It's depressing for me too but I keep telling myself it really has to come off in the end...laws of science!

My dietician also said that if it really hasn't started shifting by my next meeting with her she will take my food diaries away and work out exactly how much of everything I'm having and suggest a plan for me. I hope your team can do something like that too...maybe you can suggest it if they don't.

Nicky

I'm still bit down its still not moved much the two pounds now gone that went on so might have been water. I've been strong and not weighed myself for a few days, i will on tues as it will be 7 weeks. Just hoping to get the last few pounds to lose the 3 stones.
I cant have three meals as i'm being and feeling sick after having three so i'm just drinking as much as can. Have found that i can tolerate protien bars so have one if i'm out at least its protein and no i'm not sick on it.
I can eat fruit better than veg. so having one portion a day either at breakfast or lunch.
I dont know if its anything to do with PCOS as before op it stopped me losing weight ue to the insulin resistance but i'm at hosp on fri so will ask then.

Ali
xx

At last its moving Hooray Hooray weighed myself this am resisted the last few days and have lost just over the 3 stone now.
Hopefully it will continue to go. Haven't done anything different so it just must be my body fighting to hold onto the weight.

Thanks for all your support

Ali
xx

Back