• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So fed up feel like chucking it in

bex986

Am so fed up, everyone around me is eating and I can't eat properly and am having to constantly count calories, carbs etc etc
Walking round the supermarket and I can have nothing, go to the cafe and can have only water.
Am feeling so fed up.
Then because I'm feeling down all I get is questions am I having second thoughts? Can I live like this, this is only the start etc etc.

Just feel like chucking it in.

Weighed myself aswell been on the preop diet 9 days and only lost 2kgs!
So now am worried its all for nothing anyway cuz my liver wont have shrunk enough for surgery on wednesday.

Urgh just feeling a bit crappy about it all

The pre-op diet is crappy which ever one you do. I am on the milk liver shrinkage diet - 4 pints of milk a day - I would kill for a bit of chicken. haha. don't worry about losing lots of weight - it's not about that, it's about making your liver small and floppy and safe for surgery.

I've spent the last few days wondering what I am doing and looking at things thinking I may never be able to eat that again - but those habits and poor food choices are what got us here in the first place.

I've felt like giving up loads of times, but it's such a short length of time to be on a restricted regime and you have done SO well, you are nearly there. Steel yourself and keep going for the last few days - you can do it !!

Write a list of everything you have to gain - I bet it will be a long list and look at it when you are having a wobble.

Keep going - good luck.

The preop diet is difficult, and to be honest the first months after the op aren't that eady either, BUT so worthwhile! Just keep reminding yourself why you are doing this. Good luck for the 2nd and a speedy recovery. X

The pre op diet is very challenging, but it's only for 2 weeks. Your life will get back to normal post op. Plus you'll be slimmer and fitter, so you'll enjoy life more. Stick it out, I promise you it'll all be worth it in the end x

As the others say, it really is worth it. And while it is tough at the moment and then next few months will be too, it does get easier.

After the operation I lost any interest in food anyway and had to remind myself to eat.

Now I do feel hunger but can control it better. I don't always stick to the post op eating 'ratios'. I was out with friends for lunch on Tuesday and nothing on the menu was 'right' so I had a cheese, bacon and mushroom panini. I had half the panini, all the salad and bought the rest of the panini home with me.

While my son is away we are getting together for a 'mum's panic session' (they are going to help at a refuge camp in Uganda) at a Chinese buffet. I eat less than the others but still have a varied meal.

More often than not if I meet up with family we go to a carvery or a Brewers Fayre type place. They are usually more than happy to tweak the meals a bit if asked.

If you can get to a computer when it is getting to you, find the website for a shop that stocks clothes you can't wear at the moment and window shop to your hearts content. It'll help remind you where you WILL be within a year xxx

Back