• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So I was wondering about what foods to prepare for post op

cafh

I have heard a lot of people talking about making pots of food and freezing them for post op, I just wondered what foods people made? I was thinking of making some mini shephereds pies dishes but I don't really know how I will get on with eating mince or how long after the op I will be able to manage it.

I know a lot of people say that you may not be able to eat the same things as before and so it isn't always good to prepare like this as it could be a waste of money.

I would love to hear what other people cooked and prepared and their experiences.

All iv made is some homemade tomato soups and some homemade leek and potato soups, about 14 little pots altogether, was warned dont make to much as tastes change etc! think s.pie and stuff like that will be better to make once you been home a while....and you can see what you fancy at the time ! :) xxx

Thanks Funky. Maybe soup is a better idea xx

no worries, maybe its not but thats what iv done, maybe someone with a bit more knowledge will be along shortly lol! :) there is lots of yummy soups you can make. Although my hospital like you to be on mush quite quick so may not get much use from the soups but least they are there just incase. i know some days im not going to feel up to mush as my body heals x your op date is few days after mine, good luck, and also noticed your having a sleeve so food wise may be a little different....im not sure! x x

I think I lived on pureed: spag bol, lentil curry, baked beans, veg curry, savoury mince and mash, chili and tomato and veg stew. I made a load of a couple of things, put them in pots, into the freezer and bob's your uncle. For some reason, I couldn't eat soup and still can't. Shame as I lurved the soup...xx

I went with homemade soups initially in freezer. But intially on clear fluids I found Waitrose beef or chicken consomme very good. I did make some tiny shepherds pies etc & put in the freezer but couldn't face them puréed. I found mashed potatoes, mushy peas, inside of soft fish cakes etc squashed with a fork when I was on mushy stage. I didn't get on well with puréed stage to be honest. Drinking Yogurt & home made smoothies for brekkie in early stages. Your tastes do change & I did waste quite a bit early on.

Thanks both x

Back