• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

so im back from reading..

emma&alex

..and im feeling pretty chuffed with myself.

I managed to stick to what I planned before I went, I had 3 glasses of wine on the thursday, 3 glasses of wine on the friday & 1 vodka orange, and 3 vodka oranges on the saturday. didn't drink on the sunday.

so i didnt over do it AT ALL on the alcohol front...(for me anyway).
i also managed to stick to eating when hungry rather than feeling like it.
each morning i had an asdas own vitality breakfast bar & a piece of watermelon.
lunches i had those john west meals in the foil tin things or some low fat mattesons sausage (i know thats not a great choice but i didnt have many options)...& each day i bought some noodles from the noodle bar for dinner, had a couple of mouthfuls & gave the rest to richard...the portions were crazy big..and for once in my life i didnt finish them!...infact, i didnt even have half of them.
i managed to keep away from chocolate, cakes, pringles, ice cream, warm doughnuts, burgers, chips & hotdogs! which is all everyone else seemed to be munching on!

i drank water alllll day long, each day...and i did ridiculous amounts of walking.

im not going to weigh myself till saturday, i think since i was drinking alcohol i'll probably have retained a bit of water as i seem to find my weigh sts in a week if i dare touch wine. if i were to sts i'd be pretty chuffed, as i managed to let myself go a bit, & have fun without worrying in the slightest what i could/couldnt have.

ps reading was ACE

awww well done hun, you have had a fab time without over indulging with anything. I was going to ask how you got on with alcohol so early after your op, but i noticed you are a bander, and i am a bypasser, so would affect us both differently.
xxx

Alex,

You did ever so well and enjoyed yourself. I celebrated my birthday over the weekend with a meal out which went well but I did drink rather alot of wine Fri Sat & Sun. I am hoping I haven't down too much damage. I don't feel guilty cos its not going to be a regular thing. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Not long til your band fill 7th Sept isn't it? I am having mine done tomorrow so will let you know how it goes x

Did you go to Reading in Berkshire, that is not far from me.

Well done for being so good.

I congratulate on having a weekend away and being a 'normal' person but showing restraint. This is what our surgery's are all about... Give yourself a pat on the back, and i think its an excellent idea not to weigh till Saturday xx

Back