• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Desperate for Chocolate!

keeley86

Hi, i feel like munching a huuggeeee bar of chocolate or baking a luvly chocolate cake, hmmmmmm! i started a healthy eating plan and excercise regime on saturday and im doing realli well up to now. im having 3 meals a day breakie, lunch and tea and if needed a yogurt or ceareal bar for a snack and ive been properly cooking aswell rather than just chucking something in the oven from frozen. got on the scales yesterday and ive lost 3 pounds since saturday...and thats another thing... im thinking about the scales all the time ive been on them twice since saturday i cant keep myself away from them but my main thing is yesterday after sitting down and disgussing some family issues with my hubby i had this massive urge for a bar of chocolate.. i had to go to the shop for some dog food aswell and it took everything to drag myself away from that counter where the chocolate sits. OMG! i nneeeeeeedddddddddddddddd chocolate! and this morning ive woke up had a coffee and again all im thinking about is chocolate.... am i normal? do you lot feel like this lol

oo keeley i feel like nothing more than diving into a MAHOOOOOOOOOOSIVE bag of crisps!!!!!!!!! or plate of salted chips!!!!!!!!! MMMMMM MMMMMMM BUT i just keep thinking imagine waiting the time we are for appointments etc and surgery to get to the last bit and them saying nope you ve not met weightloss target.. ARGHHHHHHH so i would say just try try try to keep yourself busy and if the craving gets toooo bad maybe try an options hot choc :) that may take the edge of it ....its sh*t hey :)) xxx

Keeley, if you really really need a chocolate hit then there's always a chocolate option or alternatively what i used to do was get some very low fat fromage frais (plain not flavoured), get a sachet of chocolate option powder and mix the powder into the fromage frais, this makes a delicious dip which you can dip slices of apple or bits of fruit in it. My girls loved this as well :) xx

ooo i just thought ill look in abit as going shopping but what about the teeney tiny petit fiolous deserts i buy my baby them and they have lil tiny choc pots ill buy some today then post the calories and fat etc xx

anooo thats what i keep thinking kelly but its killing me, lol oohhhh i mite try that julie because i can keep having them every day like too, because i kept thinking shal i just opt for a curly whirly and go for it but then if i do i will feel awful and think well... ive cheated myself now i may aswell have this day as none diet and start again tomoz.... tomoz never happens tho does it so then il be back to square one, chocolate is deffo my weakness! not even one week into this diet and im allready nearly off rails.

Hi Keeley - I'm a choc and crisps addict but am trying to eat healthily 'in preparation' for the op/new lifestyle. I've agreed with myself that I will allow one chocolate bar and one packet of crisps each week - something that I really like - and I will make time to enjoy them without any distractions - usually on a Sunday afternoon when its quiet. This has worked so far (but its only been three weeks!) as normally I would have had at least one packet of crisps/choc each day. During the week's not so bad cos I'm at work full time; busy on Sats catchingup with stuff at home, but if I do feel tempted I get out of the house and walk round the block and by the time I come home I'm usually over it.... D'you think this would this help you? Obv, if you're on the pre-op diet then you'd probably not be able to do this though.

Hi Keely
I am 4 days post op, and last night i was so desperate for chocolate, but i wasnt hungry. Unfortunately even when you have had the surgery, you still really can get bad cravings. Julie gave me some fab advice last night with the options, i wouldnt normally drink them cos they are not chocolately?? enough for me, but i mixed one with a tiny bit of milk and it was heaven in a cup, hit every spot going, very intense chocolatey (still not sure if it is a word!) flavour, hope this helps, keep up the good work
Mona
xxx:p

Back