• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op breakthrough...

salski

Ooooh just had a post op breakthrough...I went to tescos to get food in and the Christmas isle is out....I always get at least 3 packs of nuts with shells on and work my way through them each year, so this year I got the one and promised myself 5 nuts....I managed 3 and Im stuffed! That is a major breakthrough for me! Has anyone else found any breakthroughs like this that make you sit up and take notice? Especially with Christmas round the corner?

intreasting one sal but yes i have discovered that 2 glasses of wine is my limit once i have had 2 i physically cannot drink anymore as im stuffed but i can drink loads of none alcholic stuff.

Hi, a bander here, I used to be able to demolish a whole packet of mince pies in a sitting, now half a one does me in....

Mad...but good ;)

Oh yeah! Mice pies...forgot about them! I was never a massive choc fan pre-op and its still the same now. I was and am a savory eater, especially at Christmas when I founf in my head it was legitimate to eat anything excessivly, like a whole tube of pringles! Hahaha
Not this year...(hopefully!!) Haha

Oh yeah! Mice pies...forgot about them! I was never a massive choc fan pre-op and its still the same now. I was and am a savory eater, especially at Christmas when I founf in my head it was legitimate to eat anything excessivly, like a whole tube of pringles! Hahaha
Not this year...(hopefully!!) Haha

Mice pies eh, oooo don't the whiskers get in the way?!! :rolleyes:;)

Cuppa xx

haha mice pies.

I dont have much if aany choc but love savory food, my christmas food is wait for it............
turkey mayo and peanut butties.
LOL
I know how sick, could just eat one though lol
hope i am banded before xmas gets here x

It's Christmas cake for me, could happily forgoe everything else for a slice of crimbo cake mmmmm! :drool:

Christmas will be interesting this year and no mistake :D I have only just started going into Sainsbury's with my other half again, and I've been amazed at how few isles I can actually eat or drink stuff from :cry::cry:

My honey is a confectioner so makes fantastic cakes etc, and Chrimbo was always a feeding frenzy of cakes and chocs etc. This year I have no idea how I'll cope, but I've not come this far to fail at the first test :D

These things are sent to try us :D but at least this year my family can buy me clothes from "Normal" shops. They are really exited about that. I'm a little worried about the prospect of my daughter buying me stuff from her favorite shops in the Trafford centre :D:D

I must admit, I felt a momentary pang when I went into Tesco last week and saw all the selection tins of chocolates but it soon passed. Ive found my transfer addiction - clothes! Oh hells bells - cant stop shopping! Its the novelty of being able to shop in M&S and Dorothy Perkins etc and Im still 5 stone off goal - someone cut up my credit card quick LOL

I must admit, I felt a momentary pang when I went into Tesco last week and saw all the selection tins of chocolates but it soon passed. Ive found my transfer addiction - clothes! Oh hells bells - cant stop shopping! Its the novelty of being able to shop in M&S and Dorothy Perkins etc and Im still 5 stone off goal - someone cut up my credit card quick LOL

Hahaha, Ive made a pact with myself. When I hit a size 20 I went out and bought all sorts...they are now too big so there is no way I am going to buy anything unless absolutely needed! Hahaha

Christmas will be interesting this year and no mistake :D I have only just started going into Sainsbury's with my other half again, and I've been amazed at how few isles I can actually eat or drink stuff from :cry::cry:

My honey is a confectioner so makes fantastic cakes etc, and Chrimbo was always a feeding frenzy of cakes and chocs etc. This year I have no idea how I'll cope, but I've not come this far to fail at the first test :D

These things are sent to try us :D but at least this year my family can buy me clothes from "Normal" shops. They are really exited about that. I'm a little worried about the prospect of my daughter buying me stuff from her favorite shops in the Trafford centre :D:D

Aww wow a confectioner for the other half must have been good in the pre-op days! My fella is a massive sweet fan and he can eat a full xmas cake or stollen cake over a few days! He wouldve loved that! Hahaha
I bet your going to look fab in the clothes your daughter buys! She will know what suits and what doesnt! :D

I have to avert my eyes at the tins of chocs they always put out for xmas:(, but have also become a clothes addict:D:D

Im hoping to get my op before crimbo and im dredin crimbo to be honest coz i dont knw how i will cope with the no choc no goodies lol but hey thats what got me where i am in the first place isnt it and there not my friend i have to remember that dont i lol

my weakness is .... or should I say was.... Crisps. I could eat a six pack with no problem. I was so hooked that I dare not have more than 2 packs in the house. Since my op I can not eat crisps! they clog together and won't go down (thank goodness). I hope that remains the case.

Mice pies eh, oooo don't the whiskers get in the way?!! :rolleyes:;)

Cuppa xx

Hahahaha no way! I have sooo only just got that! I am so slow! Hahah

Oh no....just realised! NO ADVENT CALENDER this year!!! :( hahaha

Last Christmas I was banded but very poor restriction, however I could eat my Christmas dinner OK and had dessert later in the evening. I was able to eat one little mini mince pie but that was that. I still had a couple chocs but not many but one thing also that was really different was turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce sarnies. I would normally down a couple rounds but could only semi tackle a dollies tea party size triangle!
As long as I can have my Baileys, a mini mince pie and snuggle up to watch "A Christmas Carol" (has to be the Patrick Stewart/Richard E Grant one or the muppet one!) on Xmas eve after I've done all my prep then I am a very happy festive bunny indeed!

Xmas is just round the corner that Im due to have my band fitted and it is going to be very.....interesting.

I have three 3 work lunches to attend and I'm arranging one of them, Im going to spend so much money and only end up eating a moutful at each sitting

Back