• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeved 25/04- so many questions

Pretty primrose

Hello everybody, newbie here :0)

I had my sleeve 12 days ago in Manchester with professor ammori.

I have so many questions and worries flying round in my head at the moment and hoping you can help me....

I've been really head hungry in the last few days, just want to eat! But have been having soups prob thicker than I should, not clear like watery but not thick, prob tomato soup consistency, about 200-300 ml at a time in 20-30 minutes. Is that too much?

I worry I drink too much in each hour, prob anything up to 300ml- too much again?

I was very foolish 2 days ago and sucked my way through some quavers, believe me I'm SO disappointed with myself but didn't feel full after. Am so worried with the soup I'm managing & liquid that I have or will stretch my sleeve.

I'm going to purée on Friday and hoping that once I can eat some from food not liquid I settle down a bit as just want to eat. What foods did you find the best & most nutritional?

Sorry to go on! Thank you so much in advance for any help/support x

I had a bypass so not the same but our hospital puts us straight on purées (apple sauce consistency) so I don't thjnk it could do any harm

You won't feel restriction until you're eating food. Puree will kick in some but not the same level as soft foods or later actual food. It's unsurprising too that you felt nothing with the quavers, they melt to nothing which is why they're a food to avoid. Every post op diet differs but I wasn't given any liquid restrictions in regards to quantity and was told no thicker than tomato soup. I could and still do drink a good amount. It passes almost straight through and is not worrying that it does that. It's normal.

Only another day to go before purees :)

Hun please try not to worry. I know they give us these really strict rules but ultimately you have to listen to your body. I didn't really do liquids very well...may 4 days, then missed puree pretty much and went straight to soft...to be honest after 2.5 weeks I was eating normally but just taking it easy and chew chew chewing. We are all different, but please don't panic about eating/drinking too much...just go with what's comfortable (it's certainly not TOO MUCH, think of how few calories you are having).

I went through a stage of feeling hungry and being able to eat relatively large portions (more than expected I would be able to anyway) but it soon passed and I was back to hardly eating anything, and still can't eat that much now...about 5 tablespoons or thereabouts.

Hope that helped, X

Thank you so much, I've been worrying that I'm just not going to get the restriction and because of something I've done.

I was still so out of it when I left the hospital that I can hardly remember what the dietician said to me and the print outs I have aren't that useful.

All I want to eat is the boil in a bag white fish and mashed sweet potato- I've been thinking about it for days! But I really do need to come up with a proper list of good meals so I'm prepared as I'm meant to be on purée for a whole month.

After so many failed attempts on liquid/shake diets in the past it's a psychological thing I seem to have in just wanting to stuff my face as soon as I feel done with living on liquid & I think that's where the quavers came in. Very bad as I could of hurt myself but it's done now.

Thanks again lovelys x

Hi Primrose. You can puree almost any normal food. I had cottage pie, stewed steak, baked beans, curry, bolognese, chicken in gravy etc. Boil in bag fish is fine to puree. Also I found childs ready meals were good, and I split them into 2 and froze the other half xx

Hi Primrose. You can puree almost any normal food. I had cottage pie, stewed steak, baked beans, curry, bolognese, chicken in gravy etc. Boil in bag fish is fine to puree. Also I found childs ready meals were good, and I split them into 2 and froze the other half xx

Thank you :0) glad to hear this as can't wait to start tasting some different things again! Kids meals are a good idea too! Xx

Back