• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

so scared

dsarah1977

hi all my op is a weel today and im really scared if im honest,i think main worry is i wont wake up hen wat would happen to my son his only 9 i kow u must all think im being stupid but its how i feel the main reason is 13 years bk they had probs waking me upi told homerton this they didnt seem to worried............but its on my mind all the time im also struggling on milk diet i feel a failure r these just normal feelings to be having thanks for reading

sarah xx

Sarah, please don't think you're a failure and silly!

You're perfectly normal!! It shows you care about others around you! I was worried too!

Just try and think of the better future you and your son will have. 6-12 months from now you'll be playing in the park with him without a care in the world!

I'm glad you've talked about it, it's so much easier when you've got it all out!!

Carry on, you're going to do great xx

Mickie xx

Hi I think what you're going through is perfectly normal. I'm petrified of my op and not waking up. But your problems were 13 years ago and anasthetics have changed a lot over those years so I don't think you'll have problems waking up from your op. As long as your surgeon know's of your previous problems, you should be fine.

I too am feeling like a failure because of my diet. If you stick to it from now on, you should be ok. I had a few slips over Christmas which I feel so ashamed for. I've only 4 days to my operation so I'm hoping it's not too late to do something about it. You've got longer, so stick to the diet, it will be worth it in the long run. You've only got a week to go, you can do it. Best of luck to you.

I am also worried about the not waking up part, and it weighs heavily on my mind. but its a chance worth taking.
the surgery is going to enhance our lives, and therefore enhance our families lives.

Chin up hun, it will be fine. :)

Sarah its an issue all post oppers have been through. You just need to have faith in your surgical team and know everything will be ok :)

Your feelings are totally normal and it will all be worth it in the end!

Keep smiling :) x

hi sarah
big hugs xx you will be just fine . my aneasthist was a lovely man and i had two ops a month apart as was just fine xx

keep thinking positive, as the others have said you will be fine and you have a good surgeon, this will change you in many ways and will be well worth it ok xxx

Sending you hugs Sarah :hug99:

As everyone else has said its only natural to feel like this, youve told the team about your worries too and Im sure they will treat you well.

Good luck hun x

Sarah everything that has been said in the other posts are all true - we all feel scared before our op if we didn't we would be a bit strange. Some of us are more vocal and will tell people how they feel (i think this is very healthy to do this) others of us keep it to ourselves and others just go a bit crazy.

Having an anaesthetic is a big thing but you will come through it with flying colours and you will then be a member of the losers bench and your life will never be the same again. You will lose weight, feel healthy, have more energy have great self confidence and will be just a happy 'bee'.

So i am sending special hugs and loads of fairy dust to keep you safe and your mind and body relaxed xx

perfectly natural feelings you are having but just remember you are doing all this to give yourself a better life and a longer life to watch your son gro up and get married etc so all this worry will be worth it especially when you wake up after the op and laugh at yourself for feeling so scared when it was really a pinch of salt!! Life will soon improve and you will be melting away into a slim, healthy yummy mummy in no time xx

All been said above Sarah, but it is perfectly normal to feel like this. Right up until I went into the theatre I had doubts, but it's the best thing I have ever done, and only wish I had done it sooner. There is no point in me asking you not to worry as it's a natural thing to do, but good luck with your opp. Let us all know as soon as you have it done how you are doing.

Jeanx

It's only natural to worry Sarah, but I'm sure you'll be fine. My Ex hubby had several surgeries back in the nineties and he was sick as a dog each time with dreadful headaches afterwards. He's recently had major surgery and sailed through without any problems at all, he couldn't believe the difference in the anaesthetic. Also remember the surgeon and the anesthetist are all specially trained to treat us larger people, they know what they are doing.
You're doing the right thing
love
Sandra

Hi Sarah
im due in on wednesday and have also been doing the what if's but hey its all for the greater good, i have just put it down as there is nothing i can do these guys do this time and time again, as all the other guys in here have said its a precise science these days so we will be fine....
lets just get in get on and join the losers bench xxx

Hi Sarah,

Good Luck for Wednesday, I'm sure everything will go as planned - its perfectly normal to worry but i'm sure they've taken everything into account xxx

Hi Sarah, I'm having a sleeve gastrectomy on 26th January at the Homerton; I'm under Mr Manuur. A friend had her op 5th December and she's had problems with anaesthetics in past so she told them. She slept longer initially after her op, but that's fine as she spent the first 36 hours in ICU where they monitored her carefully and she's now doing fine. They are the experts so have faith in them; I do.

Back