• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So tired!

luckyla

I'm six weeks post op (sleeve) and am still feeling really tired. Some days seem to be worse than others.
Saw GP on Monday and he sent me for some blood tests but they seem to be normal. Did anyone else feel like this?

I'm taking boots own multi vitamin with iron. I was taking centrum advance but they were getting stuck post op.

I was just starting to get to normal at 6 weeks. Could still sleep for England though, needed lots of rest!

I have days when I feel wiped out and others when I'm ok. Are you eating enough protein? I'm thinking of getting some protein shakes as I struggle to eat enough.

yorkiegal said:
I have days when I feel wiped out and others when I'm ok. Are you eating enough protein? I'm thinking of getting some protein shakes as I struggle to eat enough.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.
I'm sticking to three small meals a day (including breakfast). I haven't been told to monitor protein so I hope so?

Mixman said:
I was just starting to get to normal at 6 weeks. Could still sleep for England though, needed lots of rest!

Glad to know it's not just me then!
Did you have a sleeve?

Hi at 6 weeks i was still tired, don't rush yourself take it easy.give yourself time to heal.xx

Deffo check the protein and eat more than you are say 6 small meals to keep you going,I felt great doing that.Keep the fluids up too and change the vitamin to Forceval off your gp,most you buy are not strong enough or have the right stuff in.

Big an Bouncy said:
Deffo check the protein and eat more than you are say 6 small meals to keep you going,I felt great doing that.Keep the fluids up too and change the vitamin to Forceval off your gp,most you buy are not strong enough or have the right stuff in.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.
I'll make an appointment to see my GP.

Bouncy is right.
There isn't enough Iron in the vits you are taking. You need to take the big red Forcival vitamin pill and a seperate iron pill too. Your body doesnt get enough iron from what you are able to eat. Lack of iron makes you very tired and lethargic and can make you feel a bit feint like a victorian lady swooning lol.
Good luck.

Back