• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So tired!

sheffieldamanda

Hi all, I'm 5 weeks post op & am feeling so tired! In some ways I have more energy as I'm more active & do more around the house, but I'm finding if I have a fairly active day (still with plenty of sit down breaks, not running marathons or anything, lol) then the next day I am absolutely shattered & feel so weak & achy, like I've been hit by a truck! On Saturday I did quite a bit of walking & ended up at the point of feeling weak & dehydrated. Now it's Monday & I still feel really fatigued, my legs feel like lead & I feel generally mentally & physically exhausted. I go back to work on Wednesday & although it's a sit down job it's quite mentally demanding so I hope my brain fog clears! I had a routine B12 shot today & am due in clinic in 2 weeks for bloods. Is this normal for 5 weeks out? Thanks!

It took me weeks to recover post op I was off work for 2 months , even though I felt fantastic I just wanted to sleep the whoke time ! No way could I have gone back to work before then
I aimed to do 1 thing a day normally a walk or bus ride to the shops and back then doze in the afternoon
If I over did it I was good for nothing
maybe you should consider if your ready to return to work could you start late leave early or stagger your return you dont want to give yourself a flase start
talj with your go / boss I wish you luck

Back