• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So Upset, don't know what to do now?

Jenni,
Hi niced to meet you. My pain consultant is a top Annesthetist and is a very clued up man! He knows too much; I have been under him for such a long time I expected a bit more support! or support in a different way. He told me I have at least 5kg of water retsion!
That means the rest is fat is it not?? I know he the Annesthetist and has always looked after me and still is looking after me very well (I hope) but I always thought less weight ment less pain on joints?
So yes I think I will take all advice here in waiting to see what a Bariatric Surgeon says to me, Fingers Crossed Please! x x
Im still mixed up! Im feeling better in myself due to what I am hearing from everyone here.
Hugs x x x x x

Of course you are right Diana -my knees were really under stress and my ankles also. I went out for a walk today - despite being still really overweight and the difference was incredible. The same will be true for someone with serious problems, and could really help your mobility. As you say - you have a stone of water retention but the rest of the excess weight is going to be fat cells. I really hope that you start to feel more up to the fight of getting WLS - even tho yr doc has undermined you at this stage.

Not a problem Diana, my co-morbids were -

Lupus (SLE)
Hughes Syndrome (APS)
Interstitial Nephritus
Postoral Hypotension
Iritus/Uveitus
Fibromyalgia
Arthritus
IBS

The first two were the main co-morbids that got me through funding. I was seeing my local bariatric co-ordinator as part of a weight management course and she researched the effects of weight on Lupus and used that to apply.

The pain ones are the lupus, fibro and arthritus.

Not a problem Diana, my co-morbids were -

Lupus (SLE)
Hughes Syndrome (APS)
Interstitial Nephritus
Postoral Hypotension
Iritus/Uveitus
Fibromyalgia
Arthritus
IBS

The first two were the main co-morbids that got me through funding. I was seeing my local bariatric co-ordinator as part of a weight management course and she researched the effects of weight on Lupus and used that to apply.

The pain ones are the lupus, fibro and arthritus.

Gosh, health wise we have a lot in common. I share 6 out of the 8 above, the main being lupus.

Us lupus sufferers are few and far between pinky!

Update ....!

Shelbel, Thank you for sharing with me I appreciate you doing that. That goes for everyone here that I am very grateful for the great support you have all shown me:gen126:..

I saw my Endiocrenologist consultant to day. Due to the treatment I have from my pain management this put me through an early menapause, so I am checked each yr for Osteoporosis, Type 2 Diabetis ,Thyroid problems; at the moment I am good, I only have low Vitamin D and very early signs of osteoporosis were found in my wrist but I have calcium tablets for that; I suffer with stress incontince too (sorry for being so graphic ) Of course my main disability being my failed fusion which has put me in a scooter when I need to walk. I also have intense pain therapy this has had me in and out of hospital many times and once it was Intensive care because they accidently over dosed me:eek:..

There are many other things that we take for granted that are difficult for me to do, plus Im in pain most of the time laying on my bed or sofa.:eek:..

Anyway back to my appt, I pointed out that my weight has crept up and that I had been to my GP who has given me weight loss tablets and also refered me for wls.
The Endio consultant said to me that they really are not worth taking he also pointed out at this time that they are now available over the counter at half strength at 50 pound for a months supply! He said to be honerst wls I think would be good for you as you will not beable to lose weight due to your disability (Hearing that really lifted my mood :))
He said that the operation to have wls is not has bad as people think it is .
Lastly I asked him if the Drs at the whittington want to correspond with him would he support me? He said he would! You don't know how that made me feel, I know I have not been told that I am having surgery but his support may go along way into me getting the surgery..

I hope I have not bored you all , but I needed to share this little bit of news.

You have all been great, I expect before this is over I will need to call on you all again ;).
Hugs x x x

hi Hun ... good .. it was the endocrinologist who put me forward form my operation and who said i needed to go and see the bariatric team at the whittington. even tho i live in south east London he wanted me to go over there cause he had sent people there before as referral.. even tho it was my choice at the end of the day.

so your doing good Hun if he reckons your all for it then Ur fine Hun x

Diana, That is Fab news!! It's one step further, we all take little steps until before we know it we are on the op table!! GOod luck hun and keep us all informed as you progress and never apologise for 'boring' us...its more a case of us all sharing and we all have problems and the saying a problem shared is a problem halved is sooo true...xx

Back