• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My good news .. And my Exciting news

purplefluffything

Hi everyone, not been here for a while as some of you may remember iv been ill since august problems with my intrathecal pump implant!
I've been in & out of hospital since august having operations then long recoveries .
I had my most recent operation almost three weeks ago come this Thursday, recovery as been very slow I'm finding everything an effort right now.

The op was a success :) I'm so glad that part is over, we just have to get the dose that I receive 24/7 just right but at the moment I feel
The pump needs increasing a little as this would help my pain when I'm on the move a little.
All of the above takes time lots of hospital consulations to get the pump running just right for me..:rolleyes:

Now to my EXCITING NEWS :D I had my
Latest appointment at the Whittington with Mr Sufi regarding my bypass on Monday the 25th..
We had a chat, examined my tummy to feel where my pump lies.
Anyway to the point!! I'm on the list iv to wait for my pre op test then 4 weeks after I have my op :D
Mr sufi said January Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm well happy at that as I need more healing time to get over this recent op..
Also Mr Sufi has to get some information
/pictures from my pain pump surgeon to see
where my pump apparatus lies In my tummy, this is so Mr sufi can see where to avoid putting the port holes so he does not damage my pump nor injure me, all a little
complex.
Mr sufi said he will do my bypass if he can but due to where one of the ports will go my bypass may have to revert to a sleeve ( I'm happy with either) my pump is right where
mr sufi's main instruments portal will be ..
I'm hurting but oh so so happy :D it will have been 2 yrs since my wls started come March
So worth the wait ..
Can't wait for January but lots of things inbetween to keep my mind off it until then, including Xmas of course;)
Thanks for reading.
Nighty night. Much hugs xxx

Last edited:
Such wonderful news for you Diana :)

So sorry you've been having it rough but very happy you've got on the list :)

aw nice one huni, im really chuffed for you, lets hope that its all on the up and up now, except of course your weight, that will be on the down n down. just relax now and recover properly, everything will fall into place. congrats again, big hugs xxxx

I pray that you will heal alright and that your surgery will go ahead without any problems. Take care and God bless.

love

Rebirth

Reactions: Bev
:)That's great news Diana so glad your op went well:)
Hope all goes well between now & the New Year & we'll be ready to shuffle up the bench as soon as you give us the word lol:)

Lotsabeefy, Thank you for your support x

Poppet, you bet I will let you know I would like you all to push your skinny little butts :D up the bench so I may have a little room for me ;) poppet you just saying that I can sit on losers bench makes it seem much more real to me, thank you flower..

Suggs, yes the light is definatly in sight now I can see it ;)

Rebirth , thank you for your well wishes & prayer;I know they will help in my recovery.

Big n Bouncey, yes I'm unbelievable happy. Thanks for support x

Dawny, yes definatly cannot wait to be better
but I must be patient(my problem in the
past has been rushing around before I should
be) plus I have time to get better before wls
& then yes my weight can go down lots ;) .
Thanks dawny for encouragement x

Mixman, yes it's been a long while coming
but I now feel I can become a 'proper' weight loss pre
opper..!
I know iv been a member here for two yrs March 2011 but due to the set backs I have felt in limbo, first it
was trouble with the
funding & then all my other medical probs.
Thank you x

Hugs to all xxx

Now I feel much more positive it's almost here.

Last edited:
Awwwww Diana, bless you. You have such a rough time of it and never moan. I'm so delighted things seem to be going well for you. Roll on January eh? Hugs xxxxx

I am delighted for you about having your wls date at last.

Diana you sound like you have had a tough time and I hope things get so much better for you here on in.

Take care hun, there will be plenty of room for you on the losers bench.

Love and Best wishes Kat x

Kat thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to sit on the losers bench :gimi::gimi::bliss:

Charis, yes charis things have been hard this yr for me & my family, iv sometimes wanted to give up but with my wonderful husband I have almost got there :)
Now it's on & upwards I have all of you here for me so I'm feeling good about the future ..

Lisax, dotty, zns thank you for being so happy for me it means the world..

Hugs xx

Really pleased for you - intractable chronic pain is SO tiring.

Having to have a rest from cocodamol at the mo - to see if its over 25 years of paracetamol thats affecting my liver (at near enough the maximum dose!!) or not

And I'm scared of having to try buprenorphine patches instead!! (with codeine to cover not being sent with nothing!!)

My GP seems to think WLS would cure my pain!! - but had to disappoint her!! Not keen on the Oxycodone route again!!

SO really all I'm saying is I really feel for you - and roll on January

XXXX

Hi angela, thank you for your lovely words of encouragement .
Angela I have had 'Fentanly' patches they are pretty good pain relief.
The ones iv had last 3 days then change for new ones. They give you constant pain relief not so up n down like you get with oral meds.
I take Oxycontin & oxynorm I have taken
these for the last 8 yrs along side my pump :eek:
I take other meds for pain too, too many infact. I will ask my consultant to maybe
swap my oral opiates for the patch again as it will be kinder to my new tum!:)
I'm sorry you are suffering with pain & other problems you don't need, I hope all is found well for you I truly do..
Angela I don't think wls would cure pain it may help but if it's a skeletal structure with a problem it will
always be there.
Yes I'm very excited at the thought of January being here, I know it will be here before I know it. I definatly still need time to recover from recent op, I feel tired so quickly, pain kicks in if I try to do small chores :cry: given time I will be well soon..
Take care.
Hugs xx

Oh Diana im sooooooooo pleased for you!!! What a great start to the new year! As you say January couldnt be a better time for the op especially after the op you've just had. At least that way you can enjoy christmas and all the glorious food that comes with it!!!!!

Loving hugs and every good wish for your journey... so glad you are moving forward, I keep popping on your threads and sending love and I'm over the moon to hear the good news...

Take very special care xxx

Back