• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soft and Crispy stage

nikshikari

In the next few days I will be going on to the Soft and Crispy stage and looking for some meal ideas. Wondering if I would be able to try crumpets? Or toast? Keep thinking of toast.

I've not heard of the soft and crispy stage. I had liquid stage, then purée, then mush, then solids.

As far as I was made aware (and I might be wrong!) toast, crumpets etc, should be attempted no sooner than the solids stage. I still can't tolerate them, 4 months plus down the line, but everyone is different.

Also beware of concentrating on the carbs rather than on the proteins.

Oh I know to concentrate on the protein but I just want a taste of toast lol. In my post op diet sheet it says stuff like crackerbreads with cottage cheese. That's at 4 weeks post op.

Tuc and Philly,peanut butter or pate!Warburtons thins,halved toasted and spread with whatever you fancy.

Oh I can't wait for them now :)

Warburtons thins, these the ones that come in a pack of 6 for about £1.25?

Thanks, So at least I know I have the correct item in my sights. :)

Unless things change tomorrow, I've still got another week on liquids, let alone solids...

on my diet list there are 3 stages and bread/toast is the last stage also reccommend wholemeal etc says to leave bread too last case it sticks but toast ok to try but only after tollerating pureed then soft foods some people are never able to have bread again cos they struggle to digest it, luckily i wasnt one of them i missed toast the most on a morning. hope thats helped in some small way xx

It's all brilliant advice. Thank you :)

Thanks!

Toast is the one thing I am missing...

My OH decided to buy an Hot Cross Loaf last weekend and toasted every slice of it... was the first time since the op that I actually wanted something she was eating!

Thanks!

Toast is the one thing I am missing...

My OH decided to buy an Hot Cross Loaf last weekend and toasted every slice of it... was the first time since the op that I actually wanted something she was eating!
Yes i missed bread from the start didn't eat with meals but loved toast on a morning, only the last month i have tried having a one slice sandwich thought i was at the ritz was heaven, until then had only had pitta or wraps not the same as bread. I tried bit of a baguette the other day but too much for me. Love a slice of toast now with banana on somedays or bit of that chocolate philly on or sometimes bit of peanut butter. I have had half a hot cross bun toasted just like a teacake, and teacakes as well lately just as achange so as not to feel left out really now and since the off have eaten what i would have normally with few restrictions only texture restrictions but most things can be blended but bread was the one i just couldnt have till later, i dreamed of the day, the odd weekend i have had half a cheese scone too so look forward to it you can eventually if your stomach will allow it just not in the quantity you would have had it before.xx:jelous:

You'll be lucky to tolerate 1/2 slice toast to start I started with it under my scrambled egg so it was soggy from the egg.
Try adding a little cheese, marmite, peanut butter so you get the protein fix with the carbs but limit the carbs as you know.

I used to love toast and now I cant stand it, I think it has to do with the amount you have to chew it. It just turns too soggy, yuk x

Back