• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 wks post op food

carebear1

Hi All,
I'm 5 wks post op(+1 day tomorrow) my dietitian said I should try toast this wk but i'm not going too because I'm not a bread/toast person BUT do you think I could have a home made portabello stuffed mushroom? or squid/lobster now? or are the textures not allowed yet? I've been trying to get hold of my team but can't

I'm meant to be on the soft stage but my Dietitian says I can have meat,fish,pasta,rice now(well from last wk)

Soft stage is anything you can mash easily with the back of a fork. If you can add sauce to the lobster etc and break it up with the fork, have a go I'd say.

I think your right to hold off with the toast. I struggle with it and I'm almost 5 months post op. good luck and enjoy your food :)

Thanks Paula!

I was unsure because I can have crackers now too and you cant mash them with a fork. I better put the mushrooms in the freezer then. Toast always made me feel sick pre op so won't be trying it yuck

Crackers go soft when you chew them though :) give the mushrooms a go. Don't be scared to try things. Mushrooms are soft in texture, so they should be ok :)

Back