• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

soft food stage

Raynebubble

Hi am due to start the softfood stage next week after 4 weeks of pureed.. just wondered...

1. how did you get on at this stage?

2. What type of foods did you eat?

3. And how big was your portion?

Last edited:
Soft food stage :)

Very mushy weetabix
Ready brek
Well mashed potatoes with corned beef or cheese in (or both if you want)
Cottage pie
Scrambled eggs (although i struggled with eggs for a while) poached eggs were kinder to me.

I would only put a couple of spoons on the plate, if you feel like you want a bit more you can always go back to it.

Fish pie
Cauliflower and broccoli cheese
Mash potato and beans and cheese
Fish cake

I also bought ready meals at this stage and just heated half at a time! I still probably only managed half of that so quarter of a small ready meal sized portion was about right for me. But then even now 15 months out I'd only manage half a small ready meal!!!

Fish pie
Cauliflower and broccoli cheese
Mash potato and beans and cheese
Fish cake

I also bought ready meals at this stage and just heated half at a time! I still probably only managed half of that so quarter of a small ready meal sized portion was about right for me. But then even now 15 months out I'd only manage half a small ready meal!!!

Can i just ask was that baked beans..oh i love baked beans and miss them loads... but say you had beans, cheese and mash for lunch... is the protein in the cheese?.... god im stupid!! lol

I bought frozen mash that is shaped like little tubes - 2 of those were more than enough at first. A tablespoon of sloppy mincey- gravy and a sprinkle of cheese. Or about a third of one of those boil in the bag type cod portions in parsley or butter sauce. I bet you can't wait!

i am excited snagglepuss lol... but a bit apprehensive aswell... as i dont want to be sick.. you just know the next week im gonna be asking eveyone oads of questions so i know what to put on my shopping list lol x

Back