• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Some Britons Would Prefer Weight-Loss Surgery To Diet And Exercise

I think the main problem is ignorance. People on the whole have very little understanding about physiological nutrition and metabolism. This ignorance is even greater when applied to obesity, as these effects are seen not only on a metabolic level, but also on a cellular, hormonal & neurohormonal & psychological level. Obesity is a complex mutifactorial problem. Once someone hits their 'critical' weight (whatever that may be in each individual), it is almost impossible to shift the excess weight, because the basal calorific rate required in a morbidly obese person is so low per kg compared to a non-obese person, that to maintain such a low calorific intake for the length of time required to use up that excess weight would probably be tantamount to starvation for months/years....
I'm rambling...basically what I'm saying is people think WLS is an 'easy' option...but for most of us, it really is our only option.

GRRR!!

I tried the diets - had a sore bottom from Xenical and couldn't exercise due to the pain!! I couldn't stand for more than a few seconds cos of the pain in a chronically injured back.

WLS - easy!! If its easy bring on something hard!!

I still struggle to get in 100gm protein a day - at 18 months out - my head still wants cakes - but anything sweet and/or fatty has diabolical bottom effects!!

I have had a double knee replacement - because my BMI came down - but even they are still very painful and exercise is really hard

IF I could have lost weight any other way I would have BUT

I wouldn't go back to carrying over 13 stone on my back EVER again

Love my DS

Angela x

I think it is quite outrageous the way overweight people are treaded . :(

Back