• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Someone remind me: What's the point of eating again?

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
Hello all,

Well after almost a week in hospital on nil by mouth I quickly moved onto the liquid stage then the sloppies and didn't have any probs...until about a week ago.

For some reason I can only seem to eat every other day. One day, all is fine - everything goes down well. Next day all I can eat is about half a yoghurt and everything else comes up after a few bites.

Beginning to wonder what the point of eating is!

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening and when I should start to worry?

It doesn't seem to be when I eat new things - I can tolerate the same thing one day and then not the next.

Hope someone can help.

Sorry Lisa i'm pre op so cant offer advice... The only thing i can say is that i've heard lots of people say they can eat one thing on one day and the next day they cant tolerate it at all....

If you get over concerned about it, call your team, i'm sure they will help! xx

Hey lovely,
I have similar issues. I have days when I can eat loads (relatively speaking obviously!!) and days where I can't eat much at all. I find I can eat the same thing within three days of each other.........not sure why but I'm always sick if I try it!!!

Hello all,

Well after almost a week in hospital on nil by mouth I quickly moved onto the liquid stage then the sloppies and didn't have any probs...until about a week ago.

For some reason I can only seem to eat every other day. One day, all is fine - everything goes down well. Next day all I can eat is about half a yoghurt and everything else comes up after a few bites.

Beginning to wonder what the point of eating is!

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening and when I should start to worry?

It doesn't seem to be when I eat new things - I can tolerate the same thing one day and then not the next.

Hope someone can help.

hiya Lisa, Its early days for you yet mate and you will have ups and down days, i still have them 13 months down the line. I will tell you that it gets better i can eat almost anything now except bread. And meat some days i can eat it no problem and others it makes me feel sick. Go with the flow and listen to your body. However if you continuosly cannot keep food down or fluid then please contact your bariatric team. Hope this helps Janey:D

Thanks everyone...will keep trying things and keep my yoghurts as back up for those dodgy days :)

I meant CAN'T eat the same things within 3 days of each other!!! DOH!

I really have days, nearly 10 months on, where I hardly eat anything and some days I eat things I liked the day before, only to find it doesn't agree with me. Luckily now I feel it quite quickly and stop eating as I know it's going to re-emerge on it's own accord.

I'm really bad some days about not eating as I 'forget'. I can have 2 protein drinks, before and after my cycling, and that's it. I then quickly grab something. No it's not sensible but I'm only human and know it's wrong.

My pouch has had a bad day today, I've hardly eaten anything today but yesterday I had a good day and was able to eat everything I tried. Pouches are fickle things.

Mixxie and Jaxx: That's good to hear...makes me feel 'normal'. Thanks :)

You can only take it on day at a time but if you are not eating have you tried slimfast drinks. If not keep the fluids up and eat when you can

Thanks Bryan. I still managed yoghurt one those days and plenty of water all days now so that's good. I have slimfast in the cupboard but just don't like to take it as it's so high in sugar and carbs. Think I'll have to invest in some protein drinks.

You really can only take it day by day, I never have 2 days the same. It can be really frustrating though, you really don't know what you can eat and what your pouch will tolerate from one day to another.

It does get better as time passes, but you will still experience eating difficulties x

Back