• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please be honest, i feel so alone............

Firstly have a hug because you're not alone, you're lovely and you're amazing, giving up smoking and all! :D

Yes, I had a few last meals, not complete blow outs but only because I knew that I still had to pass the last hurdle of the pre-op weigh-in and SRH are really strict....BUT the day before I began my pre-op I had a big steak, and a few days before had giant fish n chips, mush peas, bread n butter! And it was lovely.

Last, don't look upon life post-op as a diet. It's totally different. I've still not been hungry, had very few cravings, and am managing just fine. I feel no sense of deprivation what so ever. Even when people are tucking into lovely food and apologising, it isn't bothering me. I did grieve a bit in the first week...but I know that in time I will be able to eat my favourite things again; but as everyone else has said, just in tiny quantities.

Reading these posts it obviously is normal to do this,im already thinking about my last meals and i have only just gone on the waiting list.Good luck for next week and enjoy this week :)

i had loads of last meals, and things i thought id never eat again i have done, just either cooked healthier and small potions, u wil b fine x

Think everyone did it and as long as you know how hard the pre-op can be and are ready for that, that is all that matters. Good luck not long now

M

I would like to say a great big thanks to all of your replies, it has made me feel better ;) I did wake up in my sleep really crying so i think the op is bothering me more than i'm letting on, i just want the 12th to arrive so i can start the pre op diet & get my head together, thanks again i promise the next thread i start will not be one of doom & gloom :D

Awww.. hope you feel better soon hun. Sending you big hugs!!
As the others have said, and from what I know, this is only normal, everybody goes through something similar before the pre-op diet and the op. You're saying goodbye to lifetime habits and eating patterns, you're going to go through a massive change. Don't beat yourself up about it. And how awesome are you for giving up smoking too!! *high five*

Hi Em
i did exactly the same, i was on holiday the week before my pre op diet started, infact i came home on the day i started it, and i ate all my old friends (not literally of course that would be just cannibalism) i had fish & chips, waffles, ice cream, my own body weight in chocolate, a bottle of port (and i only drink about 5 times a year) i just went wild.
Unfortunately i cant each chocolate or ice cream without dumping, so in a way i was saying goodbye to them, but i went to coast yesterday and had a mini fish and peas, and was delish, i havent and darent have any port (lovely with lemonade and tonnes of ice) but fingers crossed i will be able to tolerate it when i do.
you will be fine, dont panic hun, you are just normal (ish!!)
xxx

Yes!!! This was exactly the pattern I followed, but when the magic day arrived to start my pre-op diet I stuck to it religiously. As others have said, you will only be without your favourite foods for a short time, then you will be able to indulge, just in much smaller quantities. You will find, as well, that as the weight starts to come off, you will want to make good food choices to speed up your success.
Don't forget, though, your surgery won't be able to do all the work - you will need to do your bit if it is going to succeed - BUT, it WILL be worth all the effort.
Good Luck

As you know I'm day 2 of pre-op diet and I had so many lasts over the last few weeks.

I bought so many treats and things that I'm still finding them in the cupboard now, I forgot to eat them!

The children think it's wonderful, they've have Ben and Jerrys (strictly mummy's only) for pudding, chocolate, sweets, white bread. Good job they are all active sticks!

They have been most excited about having white bread, bless them, I normally only buy brown!

Anyhow, just make sure you raid the cupboards the day before your pre-op, nothing worse than finding something you "forgot" to eat.

Lucy **dreaming of the bag of peanut M&M's in the fridge** (Thats pudding sorted for the kids tonight!)

I can honsetly tell you - I did exactly the same!
And I don't regret it! I ate cakes, chocolate, Mc'Donalds like there is no tomorrow! I literally ate whatever I wanted to and in the end I was sick from the chocolate cake I had!

But you know what? I am sooooooooo glad I did! because once I was on pre-op diet and after my op I could tell to myself - look, you had enough of it.
It is hard to explain, but it sort of helped me (once I was on a diet) not to cheat. Otherwise I would have thought, oh, a whole year till I can have that, or I will never be able to have this...
So, it worked for me...

Now when I am post op I didn't have a single cheat.

Back