• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please be honest, i feel so alone............

seawaves

Hi all i really want to start a thread one day thats upbeat but sorry today isn't that day.
I seem to have hit some sort of button that says go on eat everything in sight!!, I start my pre op diet next sunday & i just seem to be eating everything & anything i can get my hands on at the moment, i'm having so many "last" meals its stupid, i know that once i start the pre op diet i will stick to it 1000 % but the run up to it is so me......eat eat eat & eat some more, sorry to waffle my question & point to this thread is did anyone do this, or is it just fat greedy me :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I didnt get chance to because I only got 2 weeks notice before the op and the pre-op diet was 2 weeks long, but I did eat a whole tub of Ben & Jerrys ice cream and biscuits that day before the diet started and I bet if I had had a bit longer I would have indulged my self a LOT!
Steph xx

i did forst time round and was just doscussing with steph things i am going be eating for start pre-op second time round x

YES YES YES lol, I had so many 'last' meals in the week before my pre op diet ;)
I had an Indian, Chinese, Pizza and then on the last night, a lovely steak with all the trimmings.
Don't worry hun, like you say, you WILL stick to the diet, I know you will.
It is a normal thing to do, well it was for me anyway (not sure that I am normal mind you ;))
Keep coming on the forum, you know it makes sense :)

Reactions: Bev
Firstly let me send you a big hug to try and cheer you up. Em i could write a book on how many times i fell of the wagon on trying to stick to healthy eating. I put lots of sweets and chocolate down my throat before i started my pre op diet, it was "blow out after blow out" . Please don't get me wrong i'm not proud of that but it was something i had to do to say goodbye to old and terrible habits. The important part is your pre op diet hun and sticking to that for the time your surgeon has suggested. You are human just like the rest of us and please don't put yourself down we are all here cause we all need/needed the last resort that wls gives us and pity help anyone who says its easy they are heading for a "Glasgow Kiss"Big hugs hun xx

It's probably nervousness about the op. Sending you a big :hug99:. You will soon get your head around this. Take care - we are all here for you x

tranquil

Don't fret hon. I fully intend to have a few last meals before I start the pre-op diet. After years of over eating I don't know how I could not do that.

Thank you lady's its something i do before i start any sort of diet, but i think knowing that this one is going to be a diet for life it has made me go a bit OTT!!!!

I'm also due for the time of the month & not smoking (6 wks!) although i know i shouldn't be making excuse's must get some control!

Also just found out that half way through my pre op diet there is a big family meal for my aunts 60th its in a lovely place but i'll be taking my slim fast yay!!!! :rolleyes:

Hi Em,
If its any consolation I'm feeling & doing pretty much the same at the moment-
I feel so unhealthy-but hopefully you've done us both a favour by starting this thread-
let's "step away from the kitchen" lol

Same here too, just had a last sunday dinner, i know there will be more last's! Dont beat yourself up .... we are all human x

Awww Em, please don't punish yourself... you have such a lot to think about and I think it's so natural to be feeling the way that you are...
the build up to surgery is nerve wracking and I think it's normal for you to feel this way...
It's also where we reach for our comfort...
Please log on here and hang onto us, I find that is helping me through no end... there is always someone who can listen and understand...
Thinking of you and go steady.
Sending a load of love and hugs down the coast from the north to you!
Take good care xxx

Hi dont worry about that. I was the same. I wanted eat everything and it just seemed like what everyone else was eatting was much tastier than usual. I just knukled down about 5 days before my op and made sure i avoided cooking and meal times i went and did the garden.

good luck and you can do it... its a state of mind

yeah hun - dont worry about it too much luv ors youl eat even more than more - hehe! just make sure you stick to your pre op diet and youl be brillianto lol good luck xxx

It was almost a relief to get to my date to start my pre-op as I was eating everything in sight... I had got down to 236 lbs by low carbing & when I started my 'last dinner' binge I worked my way back up to 261 lbs!!

Gutted wasn't the word BUT it'll never ever happen again!!

You'll be ok babes & try not to beat yourself about it... I think its only natural. x

Ems, we've all done the 'lets eat it now while we still can'. I was the same... And it's so hard to decide what to have for your last supper! I had a quandry over fish n chips or a nice indian takeaway. I guess we all think we are saying goodbye to an old friend that we will never see again... Well don't worry because you are not, you can still eat your favourites but not in the quantities you have now. For instance i went out for tea with OH and one of my daughters the other day, here is what i ate

Scampi
Steak
Onion Rings
Chips
BBQ Ribs

Sounds delish right? 2 pieces of scampi, a piece of steak that weighed about 1oz, 1 small bbq rib, 1 onion ring and 1 chip (the chips just don't taste the same, ate one and decided not to bother with the other 3), and yes i had 1 of my daughters mini waffles off her pudding! Oh what a feast that day was! Pre op i'd have had 4oz steak with a portion of scampi, corn on the cob, chips, mushrooms, peas n onion rings and a whole pudding to myself! Menu hardly changes at all just the sheer volume....

My 11yr old is still in awe and always says ''are you stuffed now mom'' to which i reply ''yes darling'' and she laughs cos she thinks it's hysterical.....

Enjoy your last meals, you will eat them again just not in the quantities you have now xxx

Oh God, I was exactly the same.

I gained a stone and a half in the 8 months between my first hospital appointment and my surgery. I literally couldnt stop myself and i had got myself into the mindset of having to eat what I could as I would never enjoy food again.

The reality is though that a month or two after surgery, once you are back onto normal food, you will realise that you can still eat the things you love, only in much smaller quantities and therefore you are not saying goodbye to food forever. Its only temporary.

Good luck hun. We all know how hard it is. x

Goog grief no it isn't just you. I was certainly the same and I did it purposely! I decided I wanted to taste all my favourite things before pre-op and went through a list. The pre-op is when your commitment starts. Don't be harsh on yourself Hun x

I agree with the others don't beat yourself up about it.

I put on weight between my first outpatients and funding refused and my second when I had funding - had to go away and show committment - and didn't put on anymore!!

Had one or two last suppers - but was SO afraid my liver would be enormous and I'd have no op I stuck religiously to the pre-op diet and again when my op was cancelled.

Apparently its more important not to have a "last" supper at the end of the pre-op because it can undo all the work of the diet!! eek

Good Luck you'll be fine

Love and huggles

xxxx

Hi
Hope you feel better. I did the same before my band I tried to stick to diet but never totally did it so you are not alone.
Best of lucK

Back