• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Something to get me out and about....(Geocaching)

hahahaha been back out today and we found looked for 7 caches and found 5 a much better day and my daughter loved it x xx
thanks for telling me about this i love it !!!

AWESOME! :D

I spent this weekend in Glastonbury caping with my Pagan group...decided to geocache while there and even got 3 of them signing up to the website and joining us

I was impressed with myself...after wandering round the abbey grounds all morning...met the group for lunch then we walked up the Hill where the Holy Thorn is (and GC #1) then walked from that hill to the Tor (via the rural lie museum for GC #2 and Chalice well for GC #3)
I didn't make it all the way up the Tor but walked halfway up then halfway ROUND it to find the Geocache hidden in the trees on the side of it hehe

Then later on when we got back to the campsite after the BBQ dinner 4 of us went for a walk to the next village (couple of miles) searching for a couple of geocaches that were on the route :)

good weekend all round i think :D

Well this new hobby of mine is definitely getting me out and about walking lol

This weekend has been my birthday weekend and have been geocaching all over the place!
Saturday - Chichester. West Sussex - walked about 10 miles
Sunday - London - walked about 6 miles
Monday - Battle, East Sussex - walked about 6 miles

suffice to say my feet hurt! Think i need a decent pair of walking shoes/trainers lol

Well this new hobby of mine is definitely getting me out and about walking lol

This weekend has been my birthday weekend and have been geocaching all over the place!
Saturday - Chichester. West Sussex - walked about 10 miles
Sunday - London - walked about 6 miles
Monday - Battle, East Sussex - walked about 6 miles

suffice to say my feet hurt! Think i need a decent pair of walking shoes/trainers lol

Happy Belated Birthday!!

I have also been out this weekend geocaching. Found a nice forrest about 20 mins drive away and spent a good few hours walking with the dogs. Only found 2 there as that is all there were within 10 miles. Clocked up 6 miles on my pedometer though,, so excellent result considering 3 months ago, I would struggle to walk 500 yards!

I LOVE this hobby as it gives me a push to walk further.. I also need some decent walking/hiking boots. They are on my wish list for my birthday in July :D

Keep smiling (& walking)
Jay
xXx

This looks utterly brilliant!! and they say where a nation of coach potatoes!! I THINK NOT XX

This sounds wonderful. Can you do it without a GPS thing? I need something to get me motivated to get out and about with the girls at the moment. I think the GPS will have to be on my birthday list in October as dad and a few others usually give me money.

Enjoy finding the treasure at the end of the walk. I know that my girls will when we get going.

This sounds wonderful. Can you do it without a GPS thing? I need something to get me motivated to get out and about with the girls at the moment. I think the GPS will have to be on my birthday list in October as dad and a few others usually give me money.

Enjoy finding the treasure at the end of the walk. I know that my girls will when we get going.

You can get grid references and use the maps function on the website to pin point the locations and use the decrypted hints to work out where it is....does mean a lot of extra effort i guess without the gps to hand when you get to the locations.

Jay....
That's awesome :)
I actually have premium membership so i get alerts for all new caches set in a certain radius of where i live....i like being the First to Find haha

It definitely gives me my push to keep going
There is an EPIC 32 mile (126 cache) series near where i live that can be split down into 2-3 walks....am working up to attempting some of that one :D wish me luck

Sounds GREAT fun!!

Did you see the fair in front of the Abbey and that sort of stuff going on in Battle on Monday, Nightwitch?

We had been away for the weekend and didn't get to it this year.

Sounds GREAT fun!!

Did you see the fair in front of the Abbey and that sort of stuff going on in Battle on Monday, Nightwitch?

We had been away for the weekend and didn't get to it this year.

we did...had a little mooch around it after lunch....was also the reason we couldn't get the battle abbey geocache as we needed information that was on a stone on the floor and it was covered by one of the stalls haha

I've just heard about this and downloaded the app on my Iphone. What happens with the treasure - I guess you leave it there for others to find? So my next questions is do the walks stay there for eternity for newbies to find?

What an absolutely fabulous idea! I definitely struggle with getting the amount of exercise and movement in but this sounds like a great motivation. Not to mention my engineer/techie/nerdy boyfriend would probably enjoy it as well.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR SHARING!

Can't wait to get started!

I've just heard about this and downloaded the app on my Iphone. What happens with the treasure - I guess you leave it there for others to find? So my next questions is do the walks stay there for eternity for newbies to find?

Awesome
The idea is that you sign the log book found in the cache and replace it, then you log that you found it on the website.
Any "treasure" that may be in the boxes (toys, marbles, badges, other random crap) can either be left there or you can take something to move on to another box.

The Trackable items (geocoins, Travel Bug dog tags etc) need to be logged that you have taken them from one box to move them on to another, and then logged again when you drop them into a new box.
Or you can just discover them using their unique TB codes and leave them in the box for someone else to move on :)
There are tutorials on all of these on the GC website.

Back