• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soon to be sleever - Popping by to say Hi

sarahlaila

Hi all,

Just wanted to jump in and say hi, rather than lurk around!

I'm very pleased to say that my surgery date is April 19th, all going well. To say I am excited/nervous is an understatement. This journey is somewhat a lonely one for me - I live abroad from my home country, and I've decided to tell practically no one (save for my husband and Mum) about the surgery. For many reasons but one being that my BMI is on the lower side (30) so I want to avoid coming under scrutiny - considering I'll be paying for it myself.
Which is why I feel lucky to have found this board - you guys seem like a nice supportive community and I'm looking forward to getting to know your stories.

I'm flying alone to Belgium on April 18th to have my sleeve done by Dr. Sonneville. Would love to hear if anyone else has been to Belgium, or to Dr.Sonneville? I would be so happy to hear some positive reviews. There's not much background info on him online, just a couple of youtube interviews.

Anyway, nice to meet you all! :)

Hi and welcome. You have found a great forum here, people are very helpful and there is lots of great advice. Congrats on your op date. As I am going with the NHS, I am afraid I can't help you with any reviews on your surgeon, but hoping you will find this forum very helpful.

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum :) So where are you in the world?! I cannot help you on the specific questions on your surgeon, sorry, but maybe, hopefully, someone else on here can. Best of luck on your journey ;)

Hi! I had my sleeve done just over a year ago and I am so happy with the results. It is definately not a quick fix, and takes hard work on your part too, but its worth it! I live in Dublin, and have always wanted to visit Malta, maybe we could switch ;)
Travelling away from home for surgery is always daunting, I went to Czech Rep and had mine with Dr. Cierney (amazing), but I felt completely safe and in good hands the whole time.

Hiya, welcome to the forum - I'm new too :)

I'm having surgery in the UK so I can't comment on your surgeon... But good luck, let us know how you get on and your progress :)

Back