• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

As if he said he is disappointed in me!!!!!

Jamast said:
I was just going to say almost exactly the same thing. I think it takes a lot of guts and soul searching to have any form of WLS and it's disgusting how some people can be so thoughtless. With all due respect to your uncle - what does it have to do with him anyway? it's your body, your health and your decision - not his.

To be honest, I would also question why your sister felt that she needed to tell you this. Could it be that she harbours similar thoughts? Perhaps she is concerned for you and has realised that this is the start of your journey and realises that it's not the 'easy-fix' that those who haven't gone through the process seem to think it is (does that even make sense lol).

Good luck hun and keep smiling x

My sister told my mom who told me while my sister was with her lol. She told my mom as he had also made comments that seemed directed at her single mother status. So when she got hold she was generally upset and spoke to mom. Mom was upset and spoke to me and my sister confirmed it all. I should have explained it better.

My sister openly admits she would now low to have a bypass. She has been very supportive of me though. And my mom was the force behind me pushing the hospital to give me new weight management appointments. And any time I had doubt she reminded me what the bypass would give me.

So the grapevine in our family is a very effective one lol. My uncle knows that very well. Hence why he said it in front of my sister and upset her. Because then he will know I know. But he will also know I won't approach him with it. As no one ever says they have been told anything to the person who said it lol

By today I am over it. Had a lovely day yesterday. Every single person I passed thought I'd suddenly lost loads of weight. Even had a compliment off a good looking male neighbour when I was in the lift lol

So as Brummies say (and I am a very proud one lol) my uncle can 0121 do one :)

Back