• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soooo Tired all the time

looking forward

Hi , I'm 7 days post op with Gastric Band, and I feel so tired all the time. Did anyone else feel like this.

I can sleep all day if I wanted to but try to move around and not allow myself to sleep too much.

its just your body trying to repair/heal itself, your proabably having a disturbed sleep in the night due to being uncomfy, have a nap in the afternoon if you need it, feeling like this wont last forever. your doing great with the moving around as that will speed up your recovery time x

You've just had an operation - give yourself a break! I was told not to expect to be fighting fit until at least 6 weeks post surgery - its the anesthetic that knocks you out as much as anything else.

Thanks for that guys.

I suppose I'm expecting too much too soon.Liz I am finding it hard to get a good sleep at night, so I guess that doesn't help.

I have to say you guys have been brill over the past few weeks. I read all the posts before I went for surgery and had so many questions answered by you all.I can honestly say I was less nervous because of you guys.

Thanks a mil

Thanks for that guys.

.Liz I am finding it hard to get a good sleep at night, so I guess that doesn't help.

Thanks a mil

try a few pillows to prop you up in the elevated position similar to in hospital i had an A pillow as well, i did that both times and it helped me sleep so much better in the recovery period so i was therefore less tired in the daytime.

Hi

Sorry your feeling so tired. I didnt really sleep properly until I could lay on my side. If you have no problem sleeping sitting down in the day try and replicate that with pillows/cushions etc in your bed.

Hope you feel better soon x

try a few pillows to prop you up in the elevated position similar to in hospital i had an A pillow as well, i did that both times and it helped me sleep so much better in the recovery period so i was therefore less tired in the daytime.

Ha ha we cross posted Liz :D

its become such a habbit for me sleeping in that position now that i still sleep slightly elevated as it so comfy.
:argh:it doesnt stop me hearing my OH snoring tho :snoopyhouse: :eek:

I used a bean bag to prop myself up as it supported my back as well, also aided me in rolling out of bed, lol i now have this to look forward to again after my gallbladder removal

Hi , I'm 7 days post op with Gastric Band, and I feel so tired all the time. Did anyone else feel like this.

I can sleep all day if I wanted to but try to move around and not allow myself to sleep too much.

Ha ha I am a month post op and I still feel tired!! Not sure if thats to do with the op or just me getting older lol.
Its only been a week chuck , your bound to be tired you just had surgery.The anaesthetic takes a while to work out your system.

I would sleep and sleep and sleep if I were you as they reckon when you sleep your body does all its repairing and healing, its natures way.. so if your bods telling you your tired dont fight it SLEEP :D

Back