• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

so tired

Grace

I can't believe how tired I am. I have M.E. but its been so much better recently. But since op 2 I can sleep about 18 hours a day. A few hours awake and I feel myself dropping again.
I haven't begun to take my vits and iron yet. (I'm afraid to because of all the bowel problems I've had) Could it just be that do you think?

I'm desperate to get back to some kind of 'normal'.

Hello Angel... it's so understandable that you feel tired and I would just listen to your body right now..... it was one heck of an ordeal for your body and recovery will take time.... I think you should be having quiet days this side of Christmas in all honesty and not overdoing things.... we don't want you poorly again.... there is a lot of healing going on and a lot of time is needed to build you up again... please take it slowly my precious Angel....

Love you so much, it hurts... so please take it steady we are with your every step and holding your hand.... you are always close in my thoughts....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After everything you have been through Im not suprised you are wiped. Maybe consider starting on the medications though, get some nutrients into yourself.
Like Bev said, love you lots and even though I dont post much here now I am still always thinking of you xxx
Steph xx

It could be the sutuation you have been through but you do need those vits etc and that may not be helping. Could you try to take them? they were so difficult post op but I chopped them up into bits and forced them down through the day...perhaps that might help/ Don't mean to always be quoting me, me, me but its the only experience I have to draw on. However all teams stress the need to take the vits etc for life.

See how you go

Thinking of you

M

Thank you so much to all of you. I'm sorry to be so moany. I'm going to take my vitamins and iron now! I've managed a weeny roast pork dinner and am now having some tangy fruit.....so now for some vits too! I am resting, resting, resting!

You've had not one but two major traumas in a very short space of time... I'm not flipping surprised your knackered! Listen to your body Charis, if it was one of the kiddies you'd tell them to sleep if they were tired... Continue to heal and grow stronger xx

I guess for me this extreme tiredness always has me terrified my M.E. is trying to rear its ugly head. At one time I was completely bed-ridden for 9 months and would sleep 22 hours per day. If I went out at all it was in a wheelchair and for very short times/distances.

My hubby even had to bed bath me and brush my teeth for me!

I think the vits and Iron can only help, especially as you cant eat much at the moment. I would also listen to your body and if you need to sleep, sleep! :D XX

I'm with the others if you can start taking your vits and especially your iron it may help. Use Movicol to combate the side effects of the iron i suffer too for taking them. Try and look at food that are energy boosters but as everyone says hun you and your body have been through one heck of a lot. The fact that you do feel this tired means you need to rest so please do hun as it can only benefit your recovery. Lots of love and hugs to you x

i agree with what everyone else has said huni, if you dont get the rest you obviously so desperately need, then the m.e. will try and take over, try your vits n stuff, get the rest you body is telling you it needs, and give yourself time to recover and recuperate, if you dont listen to your body, then youll end up collapsing, your body will always win on that score. i know its frustrating, but if its done now, youll recover quicker than if you try and carry on regardless. you can do it huni, we're all with you. big hugs xxxxx

Totally agree with the others hun, Listen to your body and rest rest rest and more rest xxx

Back