• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sore throat after anesthetic

has anyone else suffered from an infected throat following surgery? I am in agony with it and cannot swallow. any suggestions on what to use? i hav been using corsodoyl mouth wash and im going to go to docs tomorrow.

I had a sore throat, but I think it was due to the endotracheal tube they use during the op. I had a cut mouth when I came round too. You could try sucking on sugar free ice lollies or tip tops? I found these helped my sore throat alot :)

Hiya, I didn't have this problem post op myself, but I understand you can buy and anaesthetic/antiseptic throat spray from a pharmacy to ease the pain until you see your Dr.
Good luck.

Yep I did too, only for a day or so and like Paula says due to the tube they put down.

For the first 24 hours the sore throat was the worst bit of the operation for me. Sucking ice cubes helped. After five days though, you've clearly got some sort of infection. Hope it gets better soon.

Back