• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st fill...or should we say activation!

susie7300

Hi guys, had my first fill on Monday. Have had 3.5 ml in a 9cl band....was told it is more activation than a fill, because 9 times out of 10 no restriction is felt! :confused: Have already booked for my 2nd fill in 18 days time. I m finding things really difficult at the moment cos i m having to do all the work myself, and my willpower is buckling. I just want to be at that right place with my band and feel that I have spent my 6k wisely.
Does anyone else feel the same, or am I just having a bad day ? :cry:

Thanks Allie, congratulations on your weight loss...you re doing great x

Oh welcome to my club i've been feeling like that for 11 weeks lol

Its so hard to do it yourself when you're not fully restricted :sigh: I only have 4mls in my 10ml band and have virtually no restriction which is a pain in the back side, we know all this before we get our op but it still doesn't make it any easier to deal with you sort of think you'll be ok, hang in there the last thing you want to do is put weight back on to have to loose it again :)

while you have no restriction try filling up on protein. you are doing soo well, but its not easy. take each day as it comes and remember all your reasons for taking this journey. perhaps keep a food diary to help indentify your most difficult times. best of luck for your next fill.

Hi Susie 7300, just wanted to say that i understand and feel your pain. i have 5.5mls in my 9ml band and although i feel 'some' (pre-op i wouldnt have been able to stick to my current portion size), i'm not there yet... i cant wait to find that 'sweet spot' and hope i'm not far off.

I also find that my provider makes me wait way too long between fills, i'm sure i'd have reached my sweet spot if they saw me every two weeks, instead of every four weeks.. which really annoys me!!! harrrgh!!!

Thanks for your support guys...am finding it difficult this week cos I am pre menstrual. I just want to pig out and eat anything and everything. Guess I ll just have to hold in there like you say and pray for it to pass and quick lol Roll on 4th Oct xx

Back