• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sorry - Bowel Topic

purpleprincess29

I'm five days post op and still haven't been for a number 2, I don't feel constipated as such but then everything feels a bit weird right now anyway.

I know I'm on fluids only and fortimel for the four weeks following surgery, but is this normal to not have moved bowels since before surgery?

You should contact your GP and get something to get you moving.

You will probably go less frequently than you did before, but 5 days is a bit too long.

Are passing fluids ok? I am a sleever but I didn't go for 4 days and when I asked they said as there was very little going in there is very little to come out.
I was really worried as I used be as regular as clockwork before surgery. So try not to worry to much but give you team a ring even if it is just to put your mind at rest
B

I have the same problem since my op, I've just had some prune juice diluted with water as it's been 9 days since I last went :(

just keep ur eye on it Hun

Hi,

Try not to worry too much, you're only a few days post op and you've just been on fluids. I didn't go for about 5 or 6 days afterwards. If you're worried speak to your team though.

x

I was nearly 2 weeks before i went, i took a laxative to get things moving. I am not a regular person anyway.
Hope you get things moving soon. xx

I didn't even break wind for 3 days! lol It was 5 days before I passed any solids.

Hi all, thanks for the replies, seems that once I realised I wasn't the only one not to "go" for a while after surgery I stopped worrying about it and morning of day 6 post op it happened naturally after all :)

glad to hear it Mel. Keep up the fluids and it should hopefully take care of itself from now on.

Back