• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sorry its one of these pooh questions

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi
As most of you know i'm coming to the end of the puree stage post op. For the last two weeks i've not been able to pooh so have taken ducolax once last week and once last night with great results but what i need to check is the colour it's been blackish green and a mix of diarreha (sp) and normal(sorry trying not to be too graphic) on both occasions. Is this normal? I know the iron i'm taking can make them darker. I've always had probs with my bowels so nothing new for me to have difficulty in going just want to know if i should be worried thanks everyone x

It's ok hun - the dark is due to length of time in body, lack of food intake and the iron, it's to be expected. If it goes white give me a shout - that's more worrying! PM me if you need any more help but you can expect a range of stool consistency & colour for a while. x

Mine was like that at one point funny green colour I took sample to the Drs cause i was looking after some one with C DIF at the time. It came back normal. But if you aint sure get it checked

Hiya hun - Im ver 4 months post op and mine is still green;black! According to nurse...this is normal :) haha

Allie it's all pretty normal - mine has been some horrendous colours from black, green to a saffron yellow. As you eat and drink more your bowels will return to a new pattern for your pouch - also alot of bypassers take Benefibre on a daily basis as it can be put into any drink and you can't see or taste it but it does it's job by keeping you regular and gently too.

Sending you hugs and fairy dust to keep you sparkling and regular xx

Oh yeah - I think PG said she took benefibre...what is it and where is it from? x

Allie have your doctors said dulcolax is ok? I was advised against any laxatives in the first 6 weeks, but could use glycerine suppositories or prescription enemas if I had to. Many laxatives can irritate the intestines which isn't a great idea just after they've been operated on!

Salski, Benefibre is a tasteless and colourless fibre supplement, you add it to a drink and it helps regulate you, so it's not a laxative or a hardener, it just regulates you whichever way you go.

Ahh cool - thanks guys,,,I too was told to avoid laxatives and I was bunged up for nearly 3 weeks! lol. I was prescribed movicol in the end and finally went! haha
This benefibre sounds good...hmm lol

Might be worth asking your GP for movicol on prescription. A few post oppers have had it with no problems and it is good stuff. The dulcolax is probably fine but it's just worth checking out.

It's ok hun - the dark is due to length of time in body, lack of food intake and the iron, it's to be expected. If it goes white give me a shout - that's more worrying! PM me if you need any more help but you can expect a range of stool consistency & colour for a while. x

I have decided that tpt stands for Tina the Poop Teacher :rotlfmao: only joking hun, but your info is 2nd to none :D

I have decided that tpt stands for Tina the Poop Teacher :rotlfmao: only joking hun, but your info is 2nd to none :D

Ithangewe...<takes a bow>. It wasn't a chosen career path - when you work with the elderly, bowel care is a major part of their health, it's a pooh job but someone had to do it.. (groan) - I don' think they train nurses up to do manual evacuations anymore as far as I know......it will haunt me to my dotage you know ;)

Back