• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So sorry i've not been around--- so much news

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Everyone
I am sorry i've not been around to support you lovely people. To say i've been in amongst it is an understatement. As some of you know i've been battling with my work for a while now re the way they are treating me and it culminated in me handing in my notice today. The next few weeks until i leave are going to be difficult! Then Katie ( my 14 year old) was admitted to coronary care on Monday as her hands had turned blue, puffy, were ice cold and were in spasm and she couldn't feel anything if you touched her hands. They still don't know what is wrong but have put her on medication and we are awaiting a serious of blood test results but they will take ten days. She got out of hospital as the drugs they gave her helped reduce all the symptoms ans her hands have returned to normal. If you haven't got bored yet my last bit of news is that i have another job in fostering and adoption side of social work and we are as a family moving to the Isle of Lewis in November. I will try and catch up soon guys but i'm exhausted but really hope all is well with everyone. Big hugs xxx
Ps weight is fine ha ha in amongst it all xx

Wow Allie - are you Ok?

Just sending you & Katie some (((big))) hugs:)

Such a mixed bag of news there-you must look after yourself well lovely lady - you've been through a lot
Juliexxx

Reactions: Bev
sounds hectic hun! glad your daughter is ok and hope the tests come back ok! onwards and upwards by the sound of it.... the move sounds very exciting - can i come?? xxx

Wow... what a lot you've had going on.. best of luck with everything. xx

Hi Allie. It sounds like you've been really going through it. I'm so sorry to hear it. I do hope your daughter is well on the mend now.
It sounds like good news about your new job and move though. I imagine it will be very peaceful on Lewis.
Do keep us updated about it all honey. You've been missed. xxx

Reactions: Bev
Hi Allie, lovely to hear from you again. You have definately been in amonst it eh?????

You do still seem very upbeat even though you have had a few probs.

Hope to hear the next instalment, hope everything goes well for you. :)

Allie, as always, so very pleased to hear from you and thank you for your messages as well...

Hoping Katie is feeling better and you have some answers for this episode.

You are taking on another challenging job there... try and rest in between, but I'm glad you have resolved the issues in your current post and are on the move.

Hope your Mum is ok and at least you will be closer to her... I hope... when you move.

A lot of changes, a lot of pressure and we are always here for you.

Great news for Pearline and hoping Dottychic get their ops next week.

Will keep in touch...

Fondest love and hugs, Bev xxx

Thank you so much guys and i thiught this weight loss journey was a roller coaster ha ha! The good news is that i am being allowed to work my notice in another part of the service which takes a lot of stress off my shoulders. The not so good is that Katie had another episode of cold,blue fingers so doesn't look like a one off but i'm trying not to worry for now she appears healthy in herself. I'm really looking forward to being an islander hee hee and if any of you want some tranquility and beautiful scenery then you know who to visit! Thank you again so much for your support i woul be lost without it xx

Allie,glad the work thing is sorted but sorry Kate had another episode-hope they get to the bottom of it soon

Hey - just how much further away from us are you moving???

Give us plenty of notice of when your next visit to Manchester is likely to be xxx

lol Allie that's a long way!
I think I've only been as far North as St Andrews & Ayr-
bet you'd not even call that Scotland!

Hey Gaelic Girl, i'm sorry to hear your work is so stressful right now, and your daughter having health worries too, make the fact you took time to post on my thread even nicer, so thank you. I hope everything works out for you soon :D

Allie you and your family are in my prayers, especially your daughter Kate. Even with all this going on you still think about all of us on here.

It sounds like your work engineered a constructive dismissal, which is against the law and means that you could take them to court over it. I am glad that you've managed to get yourself a new job which means you will be closer to your mom. I'm also glad that you don't have to serve out your notice in your old position.

Thanks for all your help and support Allie. I'm booked in for next Tuesday now. Not sure what time yet.

Sending you lots of hugs and love.

Rebirthxxx

My, Allie. Major changes ahead for you! Sorry to hear of your daughter's health problems and hope they get to te bottom of them and get her well again soon. I remember all the work problems you were having and pleased to hear that the heavy burden has been lifted and you have found yourself an ideal new job to be close to your mum. Wishing you all the best. xx

Back