• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sorry for not being around much lately...........UPDATE OF SORTS!

Meggie

.........I have been really down lately. I can't work out whether the op and waiting for the op is getting me down. Or the fact that I still can't really change any of my eating habits and haven't lost any weight. I've probably put weight on if anything. I'm terrified of going to my appointment in 17 days time (mini-woohoo!) and them turning around and saying that clearly I'm not committed so they're not gonna bother put me forward. I feel pathetic for even writing this but I can't seem to get out of this funk I'm in. I'm fed up of being fed up!! I even know I'm wallowing (sp?) but can't stop myself!!! There are a few other things going on but I don't think they are what is making me so blue. I realise it could be a combination of these things. Don't know!

Did anyone else feel bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrghhhhhhh after your group appointment. I'm so excited about having the op and my second appointment. I know I'm very lucky to have managed to get my appointments so quickly. And deep down I even know that things will probably be fine. I think I'm just stressing myself out about things. I guess I just feel a bit lost.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and cheer myself up with a haircut and a new start!!

Sorry for the depressing message. I haven't been on much lately as I don't want to be all depressing!!! I have been lurking and getting excited for you all!!!

Last edited:
i-hope-you-feel-better-soon.jpg

((hugs)) Meggie. A lot of us get down from time to time and all the waiting we have to do just makes it worse. Just think its not long until your appt at the Whit so hopefully you will feel a little more positive after that. Until then just keep chatting to us we understand what you are going through. Enjoy getting your hair done tomorrow. A little pampering might make you feel a little better.

Hi Meggie, we all do this. We live eat and breathe weight loss surgery once we have taken the plunge to ask for referal. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and get on with your life untill you here from the hospital. Waiting around with only this on our minds is guaranteed to send us mad and depressed. Have the hospital told you how much weight you have to lose for your op?? Have you got a little hobby to take your mind of surgery for a while?? If you are feeling so down then get yourself on here and let us all help cheer you up.Big hugs sweetheartxxx

Hi Meggie, we all do this. We live eat and breathe weight loss surgery once we have taken the plunge to ask for referal. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and get on with your life untill you here from the hospital. Waiting around with only this on our minds is guaranteed to send us mad and depressed. Have the hospital told you how much weight you have to lose for your op?? Have you got a little hobby to take your mind of surgery for a while?? If you are feeling so down then get yourself on here and let us all help cheer you up.Big hugs sweetheartxxx

Thanks everyone. Thinkbethin, I have been thinking the same thing but I barely think about it during the day at the mo. I am disappointed with myself for not being able to start losing weight by myself. The hospital haven't said anything yet as I have only had my group session. My first appointment with the consultant is on the 7th of September.

I have bought a file for all of my letters etc. I am going to start getting organised and getting my questions etc sorted!! I also want to look into menus and diety things!! I know if I do something proactive I'll feel a lot better. Just finding it hard to motivate myself to do anything other than go to work!!!

Tomorrow will be a better day.!!

Hi Meggie
Sorry you are feeling so down. I was fortunate to be able to go privately thanks to an inheritance from my late dad, but i have nothing but admiration for you peeps who have to go through so much to prove your commitment i really do take my hat off to you. Stay strong Meggie and remember we are here if you need us. Sending a big hug to help xx

Hi Ellen hun i know how ur feeling as i am feeling the same way 2.
I think now ur app with heath is just round the corner things are becoming reality for you and things are just whizzing round ur head. I know i am thinking non stop of certain things like funding and how long are we going to have to wait for our tests and is it going to be a long wait from now till op date.
Hun i think its just so normal for everyone to be exactly the same and even though others may be in the same situation even at the same hospital as us all of our journeys are going to be different.

We will get through this and in 2 weeks time u will see Heath then feel happier as u will be one step further along ur journey and it will be all explained for you and what the next steps will be.
Dont worry 2 much bout your weight at the mo, just try for the next 2 weeks to eat healthy, we r all at the point of our lives where we cant deal with our weight issues on our own and need help hence following this journey.

Hope u have a good day pampering tomorrow, we want pics of ur new haircut:D:D
Take care hun and if u want a chat at any time u have my number so just buzz me but not before 10 am:D:D:D as am hoping for the nytol to knock me out again :D:D:D

Night hun and sleep well and pls remember ur not alone x xxxxx

Hi Meggie

What you are feeling is quite natural I'm sorry you are feeling low. Try not to fret I know it's hard.

Take care and big hugs Xx

Afternoon darlin hows u today and hope u have had a good day take care and chat soon xxx

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. I'm sorry for my incredibly depressing message!! I had a good old cry last night and feel a bit better today. I'm currently sitting here writing a list of ways to change the problems in my life at the mo! I figure this is a much more positive way to deal with things (I have only got out of bed in the last couple of hours after laying and watching tv!!! Not a productive way to spend my weekend, I think you'll agree!!). When it comes to the WLS journey so far I know I really don't have anything to be depressed about. My intial referral from my doc was made on the 11th of June, I had my group meeting on the 6th of August and I have my meeting with Mr/Dr Heath on the 7th of September. I have been extremely lucky with everything so far so there is no reason to believe the rest of my journey won't go as smoothly. I just have to snap myself out of it and all will be well!!!

I will also make sure I come on more often this week as I do really appreciate your support. I am also going to try and be a little more supportive for everyone else aswell!! It is a two-way street after all!

xxxxxx

Meggie it is hard I am on the milk diet day 3 of 25 and its no picnic.
Dont be hard on yourself but I hope that haircut has worked.
You have 17 days to go so c'mon get you butt in gear and get back on a strict diet and get rid of some weight before your op
Stop stressing it will be fine but you know what you need to do.

Jay xx

Meggie it is hard I am on the milk diet day 3 of 25 and its no picnic.
Dont be hard on yourself but I hope that haircut has worked.
You have 17 days to go so c'mon get you butt in gear and get back on a strict diet and get rid of some weight before your op
Stop stressing it will be fine but you know what you need to do.

Jay xx

Thanks hun. I have got my first appointment with the consultant in 16 days so not as far into the journey as you. But on the way at least!!!

I have postponed my haircut until tomorrow due to lack of motivation!!! Plus if I have it done tomorrow (as I'm not going out tonight afterall) then it'll look nice for work on Monday!!!

25 days!! Good luck hun!! I'm sure you'll do great!!! I've heard from many people that the first few days are the hardest but it genuinely gets easier after that point!

Good luck!!

Back