• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sorry men!!!!

sammyc

just wanna ask if anyone else has had the same prob i had my opp 7 weeks ago aand 2 days after my opp i come on and ive been bleeding everyday since thats 7 weeks of bleeding!!!! ive called my team and they said its nothing to do with the opp i need to see gp but he has told me to see my team dont know what to do its really getting me down now !!!!! anyone else had this plz help!!!

sammyc said:
just wanna ask if anyone else has had the same prob i had my opp 7 weeks ago aand 2 days after my opp i come on and ive been bleeding everyday since thats 7 weeks of bleeding!!!! ive called my team and they said its nothing to do with the opp i need to see gp but he has told me to see my team dont know what to do its really getting me down now !!!!! anyone else had this plz help!!!

Sorry I can't help. Just really hope someone refers you for an ultrasound xxx

sammyc said:

I have PCOS and used to bleed a lot before surgery. Some times for months. My gp gave me meds to control the bleeding. So i used to take norethisterone 10 mg three times a day for three weeks and when bleeding starts i take tranexamic acid 1gram three times a day for 4/5 days every month. It was all in control. I had my surgery on 23 rd and started bleeding on 25th crushed tranexamic acid and took only once, bleeding have reduced for now but really worried about what will happen later. Did the surgery to get better but if it doesnt work i'll be doomed.

Sorry cannot offer much help being a man and all that, but I doubt there is anything they could have done during surgery that would do this, they are working in a totaly different part of the body, unless you had a catheter in and the bleading is from that, but I am sure you would be able to tell the difference.

You need to see your GP again to get this sorted ASAP. From your Photo you look far to young for the more normal reasons for heavy bleeding, especialy if you had no such symptoms pre surgery.

All the best

Paul

No sorry that didn't happen to me I did enquire about that before I went in to see if we needed sanitary protection with us they said not because like Paul said different part of the body. I am the other way on no period since June my op was August but have been like that for a few years hitty missy with menopause so I'm not much help either. Hope you get sorted though, ask for a lady Gp might have a bit more sympathy with you xx

could it be the trauma your body has been through ? hopefully it will settle soon , but def badger your gp xx

sammyc said:

Yes! I had my bypass in nov! And bled pretty much solid until January time. Now settling down but I did get anemic! Drs said it was hormone changes due to weight loss! Get checked over by ur gp! Am x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yes I was spotting before op due to injection bit it became a lot heavier after and has only not long stopped. It's the hormones that's released when loosing weight that makes you bleed. It also happens to a lot of people doing meal replacement diets. X

I started bleeding earlier this month 9 days after finishing a totm. I was doing VLCD meal packs. I forgot about that.

Your weight loss has been very rapid also Sammy. Hope it settles for you soon xxx

Hi, it didn't happen to me but I know it can happen to some women. Fat holds onto oestregen and when we lose weight rapidly it gets rid of a lot of it and alters the hormone levels which can play havoc with your cycle. Hope it all sorts out soon, but go back to the GP if you are still concerned. Might be worth googling weight loss surgery and menstruation and see what you find there:)

Back