• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sorted and through the barrier

Had my band fitted April, one month later had three mls, second month two mls and third month one ml.
I had no restriction what so ever and struggled to maintain my weight for two months.
Was unhappy with my dietician for one reason and another so asked to see the consultant.
I met with my consultant last Friday who took time with me and discussed that my band had been inappropriately filled at the first fill he would have recommended six mls at the first fill.
He then took the fluid out of my band and dicovered I only had 4.5 mls in and confirmed that no wonder I was struggling and filled it to six mls.
I now have some restriction and have gone back to logging my daily intake of food on my fitness pal
I have not been able to get under 14 stones since my operation but yesterday I weighed in at 13s 13lb
Not a hugh loss but a hugh pyschological barrier for me
The consultant did explain that hes taking out more bands than hes putting in at present due to people wanting restriction and the band becoming too tight
and causing problems, so I have come to terms that I will be happy with some restriction and will work with my diet as I don't want to go through all this and end up causing problems with my band
He is to meet with me every four weeks in his clinic as he would like to keep me on track
So its all good!!!!!:)

Thats great new DL, must have been so frustrating!
congrats on your benchmark :) xxx

Its always a brilliant feeling to break down into the next stone bracket. Well done and keep up the great work x

Hi! I'm not glad you've been suffering & struggling but I am glad it's not just me who's been upset & not getting restriction. I hope your new fill helps & that further ones get you to the 'zone'. I have my second fill tomorrow, they only do it in 1ml increments which is WAY frustrating! We'll get there soon, just not as fast as we'd hoped.
xxxx sharon
ps WTG on getting into the next stone down!

Hi DL - Its good to see that as you felt you had a problem and wanted to take it further; you were helped instead of ignored.
Pleased for you that this is going to make a good difference to you and help with your weight loss. Sometimes it is better to get help if you think you are unduly struggling!

Well done hun x

Love Kat x

Back