• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have had enough

Had my band since April
My weight has been static now for over two months
My first fill was 3 mls, 2nd 2mls and third 1 ml
I have been told by the dietician that I will be filled at 1 ml at a time
I have no restriction what so ever, can eat just as if I never had an operation
I am having a daily battle not to put weight back on
I take a day off per month to go to hospital to return no different
I am now back on the Pepsi Max much better than SF juice and having no wind problems from the gas
I am going to speak to the consultant tomorrow to explore that my band will be ok left how it is and if so I will discharge myself as I cant take anymore stress
:mad::(:sigh:

oh im so sorry lass :( surely they can fill it more?

How long ago was your last fill?
It just might be the case of you're not filled enough yet to find your 'sweet spot'.

Hitting the Pepsi Max will only hurt you and not solve the problem!Have a word with your team but it does seem pretty standard for a bander to go through what you are.Maz x

Hi, how rubbish for you. Has your band been checked for a leak? I've heard that can happen.
Other than that I have no pearls of wisdom, I'm sorry that the band has not worked for you. You must be really frustrated.
xxx

but it does seem pretty standard for a bander to go through what you are.Maz x

Maz - sorry but thats not very helpful!

Durhamlass - you have had your band for 4 months, in the great scheme of things thats not long at all. At this stage you should be learning how to eat to make the most of your tool and incorporating exercise into your routine if you can.

Lifestyle changes are vital if you want to make this work for you.

At four months out I had just had my first fill but right from the start I made a committment to change how I ate.

Im sorry if this sounds harsh but this isnt a race its about a change for life - all be it at a slow and steady pace.

I dont know why you have gone back to pepsi max but you obviously realise you shouldnt really be having it.

My advice - dont eat what you did before your op just because you can, committ to the changes you need to make this work. Get the support from your team and all the banders on here.

Good luck but dont give up xx

I endorse everything that Mazza has said. You really do need to persevere. No weight loss surgery is a magic bullet - it needs commitment to make those lifestyle changes that will make all the difference. It is not a race - it will take time but will be so worth it in the end.

Please get back to your team and talk to them about how things are for you - they are there to help you.

Good luck and best wishes

tranquil x

Had my band since April
My weight has been static now for over two months
My first fill was 3 mls, 2nd 2mls and third 1 ml
I have been told by the dietician that I will be filled at 1 ml at a time
I have no restriction what so ever, can eat just as if I never had an operation
I am having a daily battle not to put weight back on
I take a day off per month to go to hospital to return no different
I am now back on the Pepsi Max much better than SF juice and having no wind problems from the gas
I am going to speak to the consultant tomorrow to explore that my band will be ok left how it is and if so I will discharge myself as I cant take anymore stress
:mad::(:sigh:

Hello there sorry u feel the band isnt working for you, but not being funny or nowt but you have only had the band since April this year, its no time at all in a banders world and it does take much longer for a bander to lose the weight then say a bypasser/sleever but we get there and you've hardly got off the mark tbh. I had a stand still for 5 months with no weight loss ( had to have my port resighted etc) so I know exactly how you must be feeling, I was pretty cheesed off ( putting it mildly so dont get banned, lol) .

With regards to you having no restriction again you've barely started and these fills do take time esp to get to your sweet spot etc, all weight loss patients find it a daily task not too gain weight its not banders that find it difficult hun. Drinking the Pepsi will do you no favours at all tbh and only sabotage any weight loss you have had so far, I know its disheartening I have been there, but a year later I am 2lbs from goal, I could have quite easily thrown the towel in and thought sod it but I have stuck with it coz , well not to put a finer point on it, I didnt let the Nhs fund my banding op just to bail out and not try my damn bl**dy hardest to try my best and give it my all, I am not saying you haven't tried at all sorry if it comes across that way, but some people are not given the option of last chance saloon, please take some time out and speak with your provider again and tell them how disheartening your finding things etc and see where you go from here, I do wish you all the very best and I meant that , but please do not throw this chance away sweetheart - All the best in what you decide - Julie xxx Keep the faith xx (sorry for rambling xx)

Its not the fact that its sugar free hun its the fizz can stretch the pouch and cause eroding as well, ( thats wot my consultant told me) I dont know wot other people have been told and its not that ur not cut out for this banding malarky its makes all the difference when you have the helpful information xx

Most banders are advised not to drink fizzy drinks, many cannot tolerate them - sugar free or otherwise.

I can tolerate fizzy drinks with lots of ice to kill the bubbles but thats occasionaly and Im over 2 years out.

I am saddened to read of plight Durhamlass but reading all of the replies of support has been inspirational for me. I hit a flat spot 10 days ago, I haven't lost any weight despite increasing my time at the gym, watching every calorie but I need to put it all into perspective that this is a long, long term commitment with its own unique journey.

I love reading about how sucessful others have been as I know that it will happen to me if I stay committed to change. Keep with the program, maybe go back to your dietican and see what is needed to kick start you along.

Stay strong.

Sorry to hear your despair Durhamlass. You've had some fantastic advice from experienced banders here.

As for the pepsi max, speaking from a bypassers point of view, we aren't allowed to drink it. The reasoning from what i gather is this, fizzy pop is full of gas, if you put gas in a balloon it expands and blows up in size. No way my pouch is getting additional help to get bigger and take more food in!

Make the changes as Mazza says, look at what exercise you can start incorporating. You can do it xx

Huge hugs, it is disheartening isn't it. I had my band fitted in December, have got 5.5mls in it and I'm finding my portion sizes could be huge if I let them. I find every day a struggle, but to try and combat it I stick to a side plate to keep my portions small and have a small snack between meals (fruit/nuts/cubed cheese) as well as doing regular exercise. I've brought my next fill forward to next week to try and kickstart things as I know once I hit my sweetspot I'll be flying. Please don't give up, you've come too far, speak to your team and try and get your fill brought forward. xx

hi durham lass , im so sorry you are having a bad time ,,,but it seems you have been given no proper advice and guidelines ,,,since i started my journey my hospital have been really helpful ,lots of info and what i should expect at each stage ,im really saddened that you dont seem to have this ,,normally the best advice is talk to your provider but it seems theys failed you a bit, the people on here are amazing and obviously have a great insight into your problems , listen to their advice love , dont give up ,you can make this work for you ,and turn this round to make it a success ,,,sorry i cant help but i know people who can ,,,and their here ,offering you all their help ,as always ,good luck love . xxxx

Durham lass I am so sorry you feel so low about it all. I think we all know it was not an easy choice and sometimes expect it to work miracles. Keep going I am sure you will find a way to get things kick started again. Do not give up xx

I didn't have restriction at 6.2ml so there's a very good chance you haven't hit your sweet spot. My consultant told me a band is just an aid and only does about 30% of the work - you have to do the rest. Please don't give up or else it is just a waste of money (not sure if you are self-funded or nhs as I'm on my phone) but either way it is a waste of either your money or nhs resources. Unfortunately there is no magic wand no matter what WLS you choose, every one is hard work - I must admit the band is a lot harder than I thought. Just stick with it and think of the end result, if it takes me 2 years then so be it, it cost me £6k which would have paid for a darn good holiday so I'm not going to waste this chance to be who I want to be. Take care x

Come on Durhamlass, get back into the swing of it. By christmas you could look like a different lass. Go hell for leather at doing your best and hopefully you'll remember this thread in a year and think 'gosh it wasn't easy but I bloody worked hard to get where I am now'.
GO FOR IT LASS! YOU CAN DO IT
xxxxxx

although the fills help with weight loss dont forget that you cant spend your time waiting for a fill, work with what you have at the minute, plenty of exercise and a good diet plan... if you keep waiting for a fill you wont loose quickly...sorry i am not trying to preach.. its just me speaking from experience xxx

Back