• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soup & Yogurt Diet

tizzwizz

I'm day 3 of 14 into my pre-op diet which is on 17th July 2014 for a gastric bypass. The problem is I'm meant to have 4 tins of weight watchers soup and the only flavour I like is tomato and I can only manage 3 tins but I'm having the 4 muller light yogurts & 1 pint of milk. Do you think only having 3 tins is ok or should I try & push myself to have the other 1. Thanks :confused:

I think you should contact your bariatric nurse or dietician and ask them, just to be sure. Good luck with the diet and surgery :)

Hi Tizzwizz, I did soup and yoghurt pre op, I should have had 3 tins of soup and 2 yoghurts, however I didn't want soup for breakfast so my dietitian said I could swap one for another yoghurt. Also I was allowed other brands of low fat soup, Morrisons and Sainsburys do some nice flavours. I would advise you check with your dietitian before making any changes though as every team is different. x

I have a similar query on the milk diet, I am meant to have 5 pints of semi skimmed milk, with 1 or 2 salty drinks and at least 3 pints of water/squash. But I just can't fit it all in, I can only manage 4 pints of milk and 1 salty drink (oxo in water) and 1 drink of squash. Wondering if I should call my dietitian after reading this. Does anyone else have this problem or any advice? Thanks :) x

Back