• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need urgent help re pre-op diet

purplepansyem

Crazy Cat Lady ;)
I decided to opt for the soup and yoghurt diet, thinking that this would be the best option for me.

I went out and bought a load of Weight Watchers soups, Mullerlight fat free yoghurts and sugar free icepops.

My first day was Saturday and I only managed 2 yoghurts and 3 tins of soup for a total of 548 calories.

Today I've managed the same, this time for a total of 511 calories.

The soups are fine, it's the yoghurts I'm having a major problem with - they taste awful!

I've never really been a yoghurt eater and I find I hate the taste, regardless of the flavour and the consistency, they're runny.

The sugar free icepops are horrible too, they are the Calypso Disney ones from Iceland.

I couldn't find any sugar free squash, only 'no added sugar' so I'm drinking water only and I feel terrible. Headachy, drained, dizzy - I'm putting this down to lack of calories and sugar detox.

Does anyone have any recommendation for a fat free yoghurt that is thick and creamy or more mousse-like?

Alternatively, I'm thinking of trying the Slimfast option - do they taste nice, like a proper milkshake?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For thick and creamy yoghurts try danio minis or liberte 0% fat. NAS squash is fine - if you look there are very few cals/carbs! After day 3 you will feel better I promise. I did it twice and both times felt ok on day 4 xx

Have you tried fage 0%fat youghurt? It is thick in my oponion.

Or fruyo by fage if they are ok for sugar amounts as i cant remember how much they have in..

Or danio 0 fat ones? Not sure if the sugar is ok in them for pre op so look at the labels? Or those danio mini strained youghurts?

I struggle with youghurts too.. Most of them taste bad.. Give me acid.. But those i mentioned above i can eat.

For thick and creamy yoghurts try danio minis or liberte 0% fat. NAS squash is fine - if you look there are very few cals/carbs! After day 3 you will feel better I promise. I did it twice and both times felt ok on day 4 xx

Thanks for the suggestions - I'm planning to head to the supermarket tomorrow and will try both and get some NAS squash. I'm going to forgo the sugar free jelly too as this also tastes awful - I must be even more addicted to sugar that I thought :(

Have you tried fage 0%fat youghurt? It is thick in my oponion.

Or fruyo by fage if they are ok for sugar amounts as i cant remember how much they have in..

Or danio 0 fat ones? Not sure if the sugar is ok in them for pre op so look at the labels? Or those danio mini strained youghurts?

I struggle with youghurts too.. Most of them taste bad.. Give me acid.. But those i mentioned above i can eat.

Thanks Llora, I'll check them out.

If you look the danio don't have any more sugar than the mullerlight, but they have more protein. So have to be better .... Good luck xx

Post bypass I have to be very careful with yogurt as most of the low fat ones are high sugar!!! And make me dump, fage is great but the only other is a weight watchers with fruit at the bottom, very low sugar and 0 fat bizarre! It Tastes nice too, can not remember the actual type.

Have you tried freezing the yogurts they are more *ice creamy* just remove from freezer 20 minuted before eating

I thought that the 'diet' yoghurts seemed high in sugar but my dietitian said it was all relative. If that's the case I would go with the one highest in protein

Have you tried freezing the yogurts they are more *ice creamy* just remove from freezer 20 minuted before eating

I froze strawberry Mullerlight and it turned into ice crystals. When it began to thaw, it seemed to separate and went runny-ish with water floating on the top!

You can buy ready frozen yogurt - look for yoomoo I think it's called - I did have this post op - it was quite nice x

Ive just tried a slimfast (£1in asda, posted this before) and im not sure what I think of it, it feels like a McDonald's milkshake in the mouth but kind of "fake" creaminess but not overall unpleasant just a bit of getting use to if I did it again I think I would rather have the pre made bottle than the make your own kind ps I had strawberry flavour have a chocolate one still in the fridge

I love the strawberry slim fast pre made shakes, I've got some high protein ones for after op, not tried one yet so might have a go this week

Re the frezzing of yogurt , there is an advert on tv where a guy freezes droplets of yougurt in the frezzer ( he adds sliced strawberries on top) maybe thats worth a try?

I can tll you the weight watchers vanilla and toffee aren't much cop either, very chemically BUT 5g protein in a small pot so I will be sticking with these. The danio ones have about 11g of protein I think but at 150 cal a pot are high in carbs.
What about baby yoghurts, are they high in carbs ive never looked at those.
the thought of jut yoghurt for 2 weeks makes me feel ill, but then again I could drink slimfast every day for the rest of my life...

I thought that the 'diet' yoghurts seemed high in sugar but my dietitian said it was all relative. If that's the case I would go with the one highest in protein
I have tried the diet irish yoghurts, they are on by diet sheet, thought I would try them before I start my pre op diet in sep,they are whey too sweet for me ,horrid.

I'm on the milk and yoghurt diet and was fed up with eating the muller lights so today whizzed up strawberry muller and 250 ml milk added ice cubes and made a very nice milkshake I'm sure you can do it with other yogurts also.

Ive just tried a slimfast (£1in asda, posted this before) and im not sure what I think of it, it feels like a McDonald's milkshake in the mouth but kind of "fake" creaminess but not overall unpleasant just a bit of getting use to if I did it again I think I would rather have the pre made bottle than the make your own kind ps I had strawberry flavour have a chocolate one still in the fridge
I got the slim fast in superdrug today buy one gt one free so ordered a bundle lol... the mocha ones are lush:)

Back