• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started Milk Diet Today

Karen19745

I started the pre-op milk diet today,

I'm allowed 3 pints of milk, 2 yoghurts, 4 portions of fruit, low calorie veg soup, sugar free jelly, a small glass of fruit juice and as much NAS drinks as I want.

So I have decided to do it this way.

Breakfast
A small glass of fruit juice
A banana
Half a pint of milk

Mid Morning
Half a pint of milk
2 satsumas

Lunch
No calorie home-made soup
Muller light yogurt
Half a pint of milk

Mid Afternoon
Half a pint of milk
2 plums
Sugar free jelly

Dinner
Muller Light Yoghurt
Half a pint of milk

Mid Evening
Sugar free jelly
Grapes
Half a pint of milk

Then tea, coffee, water and veg oxo's throughout the day too.

Sounds like quite a lot when you break it down like that. Hopefully I won't struggle too much.

I'll let you know how I'm getting on, Karen x:D

You can do it, good luck xx

Hey that does sound good... I'm starting it on Saturday and am dreading it but needs must.... Good luck n let us no how it goes xx

Good luck - I'm excited as it shows how close you are to op date x

Well I'm doing alright with the diet so far, thanks everyone for your support, Karen x

Allthebest1.gif

Hmm, I have pre-op diet envy.
I'm only allowed 4 slimfasts per day on mine.

I've been on it a week now and am definitely over the worst. Days 3 and 4 were horrible but as long as you take it easy you can get through it ok.

I started the pre-op milk diet today,

I'm allowed 3 pints of milk, 2 yoghurts, 4 portions of fruit, low calorie veg soup, sugar free jelly, a small glass of fruit juice and as much NAS drinks as I want.

So I have decided to do it this way.

Breakfast
A small glass of fruit juice
A banana
Half a pint of milk

Mid Morning
Half a pint of milk
2 satsumas

Lunch
Muller light yogurt
Half a pint of milk

Mid Afternoon
Half a pint of milk
2 plums
Sugar free jelly

Dinner
Muller Light Yoghurt
Half a pint of milk

Mid Evening
Sugar free jelly
Grapes
Half a pint of milk

Then tea, coffee, water and veg oxo's throughout the day too.

Sounds like quite a lot when you break it down like that. Hopefully I won't struggle too much.

I'll let you know how I'm getting on, Karen x:D
Snap mate, I am being done on the same day as you at Bournemoth Hospital. I have already been on my milk diet for a week, and I am not allowed anything like you are. I am on a fluid only diet, 2 pints of milk, 2 low fat yoghurts (low sugar), OXO or bovril, loads of water with squash and thats my lot. As you may realise I am starving and could eat a horse but now the countdown is on. Good Luck with yours, I am pooing my pants!! Take care

is this for all types of surgery? just seen a few diff types of pre op diet and I'm wondering which 1 I'm likely to be given??
good luck for your op!

good luck with your pre op diet my was completely different in the USA, we have a 10 diet that consist of protein shakes and vegs.

I have really surprised myself I can't beleive how well I am sticking to this diet, I honestly think it is down to planning, probably where I have gone wrong all my life LOL, Karen xxx

Back