• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soup!

Bookie

Don't really know where to put this, so it can go in chit-chat, if mods think it would be better elsewhere, feel free to move!

Just wanted to share this with everyone, because it has been one of my best purchases ever, and I soooo wish I had had it when I was doing my pre-op (and post-op, come to think of it!)

I bought myself a soup-maker a few weeks ago. It's great! It whizzes me home made soups in less than 1/2 hour, all made from scratch so healthy stuff, it can make chunky or puree... Where has it been all my life?

My band was giving me a bit of trouble (turned out I had a blockage which took a while to resolve) and this made all the difference, allowing me to still get the right nutrition in, and not struggling. Definitely the way to go for me in the future!

There are a few on the market right now, I got mine from Robert Dyas for £50 (Giles & Posner), but Lidl had the Morphy-Richards in for £40 last week and I got one for my DD, which seems better in that it also does smoothies etc, whereas the G&P one is just soups and that's all.

Recipes, well, plenty of those all over the Internet if you lose your booklet or are uninspired, but it's so simple even non-cooks shouldn't find it a struggle: basically, you chop in your choice of veg, pour stock (oxo cubes in hot water will do nicely), add seasoning, and boom. From 15 - 30 mns later, hot soup like you've been slaving over it for hours! :D

Hope this helps someone!

Might have to go to lido and have a little look!!! I love home made soup, but have never really fancied a soup maker before, as I tend to make a large pan full, but when I am post op (being sleeved on 3 Jan!!!! ) I might want a variety of flavours not a big pan of the same flavour!!!! And the smoothie maker bit sound excellent!!!! Thanks x

ooooh yes got myself one just before Christmas on ebay it was sold as a second but frankly it looked new to me for just over £20 its magical and sooooo easy throw in your chopped up veg and stock press the button and 30 mins later i had super smooth soup. Up till now ive always done my soup in the pan and whizzed it up afterwards, but this gadget is super cool and hardly take up any room in my tiny kitchen.......... mines a cooks essential one ................ love it

never heard of these i usually do a pan and then whizz in the blender if needed might look into this love soups

My mum has one and it's great. I've begged her to let me use it while I'm on liquid stage etc.. She just keeps saying maybe :( she's a pain! I'll be staying with her for the first few weeks so I'll get her to make me a few different soups while I'm there, and freeze them for home! They make a good quantity aswell as quality :)

Kirsty

Ready made fresh veg soup packs from aldi are great, I use a blender and add a bit if curry powder. Really nice!

Back