• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

South Essex NHS Referral funding, wait response??

sav1990

Addicted to this site lol
Hi just been referred for Bariatric Surgery...been looking at nhs waiting time guidelines but they don't seem to apply. Not sure at this point how long the wait is going to be really. Does anyone have a clue? Not sure how long I will have to wait even for my first appointment let although for the operation. Peoples experiences will also be helpful because honestly I am prepared for the op I saw the good the bad and the ugly....and...given the chance I am ready but an indication to how long would be nice. Someone help please :sigh:

It may be worth contacting your local PALS service for advice - there is usually a link on the hospital website. Must be your local PALS though and not where your op would be unless that is your local PALS.

With NHS waiting times there is an amount if time within which treatment has to start after referral. But this only means an initial appointment with the consultant. The actual waiting time until op varies HUGELY hospital to hospital (and nailing anyone down to a proper idea is impossible - they are loath to do it in case it is longer than the time they say and the patient kicks up a stink). And just to add to the frustration; in some areas the GP has to apply for funding first, in some the consultant applies for funding, in some its automatic funding on acceptance by the consultant.

Patients in south Lincs, Notts & Derbyshire all get referred to Derby but all three have different ways of doing it.

Sorry if this all comes over negative but it needs a fair bit of 'grounding' to get through all this still sane !!

Cheers...let it out the odd rant on here helps too...will contact PALS to see if they can offer some guidance on the time scale on each stage just a rough guideline.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU

You definitely a rant now and again to get through it. While family and friends may help, they don't quite 'get it' so here's great xx

Thanks it is great and have had a weight lifted if you pardon the pun lol....spoke to PALS useless no idea of anything but my doctor did mention what hospital it might get referred to and I took the opportunity to ring them...very nice lady that told me once the paperwork been received and they have dealt with it they will be able to guide me as to what the different stages will be for my own personal case...NOW...that will be so helpful no guideline on time but guideline on the next stage PERFECT xxxx

Hi, Im in the south essex area, did you get accepted? Also did you have diabetes or the sleep condition ? Thanks x

Back