• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Southampton surgery on 5/03 Yeahhhh !

countrywench

I am having my gastric band fitted on 5th April , and I'm so excited and relieved
Weighing in at a hearty 25st and 5ft9 and 53 ..
I've always managed with my weight and was happy at about 18 stone and have been pretty active , riding a bike and walking etc , then I had a fall and damaged my knee , arthritis set in and that was that , and I needed a new knee , the pain is unbearable some days . But no matter how I beg and pleaded with my surgery I could not get a referral for weight loss surgery . Even though doctors at the hospital told me I desperately need a new knee and they cannot operate on it at my current weight . I've been going in circles for a few years now battling to get help . Being unable to excercises much I have piled more weight on and in turn both knees are knackered and in need of replacing now .
Again I approach my surgery , explaining and pleading I am now fast approaching being fully disabled and all that will come with it . Still I got the shaken head .
I'm sick of fighting for help so I have saved and penny pinched and am proud to say I am self funding myself !
£6000 hard come by but well spent ..

So I go into Southampton Spire early next month under Dr Byrne and I cannot wait . I know every day after the op is a day when my pain will lessen a little ..

Last edited:
That is great news and I hope it all goes well. :553: I too have been through the lose weight or no knee op, and cannot exercise much because of the knee so can empathise there. On the waiting list now for Sleeve.

Congratulations on raising that amount of money, that shows true motivation.

I had my surgery with Mr Byrne he's such a caring and lovely man.

Back