• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon spatz balloon succses stories

sunny69

Hi everybody, can anyone tell me the pros and cons of the spatz balloon? those that have and have not been succsesful with it, don't really want to have the banding done.

hiya i got balloon in dont think its a spatz balloon as mine only in 6 month think they 12 month but thought id share my experience ive had mine in 8 weeks and lost 31lbs its really helping me so pleased im losing weight i still got 4 month to go n hope to lose alot more x

I was thinking about having the ballon.. But my worry is as soon as its out I'll be back to the same old fat me!!

Excellent weight loss though in 8 weeks well done Hun xx

thanks claire-anna i know what ya mean im scared of that to but now im on track with diet etc im hoping to stick with it til i get bypass x

gastric balloon

Loz can you give me a little more info as to what your balloon feels like, do you feel full when you eat something and can you feel it inside you?
sunny

hi sunny yea i feel full when ive had summit to eat most days i forget ive got it in but if i do to much exercise or housework i remember its there as get a weird feeling its hard to describe but it dont hurt ive had mine in 9 weeks today and lost 2 and half stone feels great i would recommend xx

hi hollymarie i got mine in at sunderland royal hospital i would recommend it hun cant believe ive lost 2 n a half stone already i was thinking id only lose 2stone in the six month n ive got 4 month left to lose more xx

To give both sides of the story. I had a balloon in 2007. I did lose weight on it - but after about 6 weeks I stopped feeling any restriction. I was in the 'zone' though and continued to lose for another 9 months - then I put all the weight I had lost back on again within 18 months. I know of two other people off the forum who lost less then 3 stone with the balloon and put it all back on again as soon as it was out. I couldn't recommend it.

I should have thought harder - dieting was never my big problem - I've done it so often, I'm really practiced at it :D. It has always been keeping the weight off that has been the big problem.

Hiya
i'm a litttle slow in responding but i haven't been on here for a while.
i had the spatz balloon in july last year and have lost nearly 4 stone, seems odd when i say it out loud, never thought i'd ever lose that much. gone from size 22-24 to size 16 and some 14's ( and yes i still find myself going to the larger sizes in the shops until my hubby hands me a small one).
i will admit to only losing a couple of pounds since xmas approx 6, but to be brutally honest i haven't tried, and not done ANY exercise in that time, but continue to lose extremely slowing/ maintaining so i'm happy with that.
would I reccommend having the balloon? Hell yes, if nothing else it's taught me how to eat properly, smaller portions and healthier options, if i'm bad today then i know i have to be good tomorrow.
It does wonders for your self esteem to be able to go into a shop and pick up clothing especially when it not in the plus range! And when i pick up clothing thats a size 14 i want to wear the lable on the outside, and makes me feel good on the inside and outside.
I had my balloon on interest free credit and it's been worth every penny, i now have a size 16 pair of years that i will use as my buffer, meaning i will not grow out of them ever again, shrink out but not grow out :)
Good luck in whatever you chose to do
Nicola x

Hiya
i'm a litttle slow in responding but i haven't been on here for a while.
i had the spatz balloon in july last year and have lost nearly 4 stone, seems odd when i say it out loud, never thought i'd ever lose that much. gone from size 22-24 to size 16 and some 14's ( and yes i still find myself going to the larger sizes in the shops until my hubby hands me a small one).
i will admit to only losing a couple of pounds since xmas approx 6, but to be brutally honest i haven't tried, and not done ANY exercise in that time, but continue to lose extremely slowing/ maintaining so i'm happy with that.
would I reccommend having the balloon? Hell yes, if nothing else it's taught me how to eat properly, smaller portions and healthier options, if i'm bad today then i know i have to be good tomorrow.
It does wonders for your self esteem to be able to go into a shop and pick up clothing especially when it not in the plus range! And when i pick up clothing thats a size 14 i want to wear the lable on the outside, and makes me feel good on the inside and outside.
I had my balloon on interest free credit and it's been worth every penny, i now have a size 16 pair of years that i will use as my buffer, meaning i will not grow out of them ever again, shrink out but not grow out :)
Good luck in whatever you chose to do
Nicola x
thanks Nicola now have the gastric band fitted early days yet as still sore , but i think ive made the right decision x

Back