• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Spatz Balloon in 1 week.....eeeek

MsGB

I'm all paid up and scheduled for the spatz balloon next Saturday (29 June) Really giddy about having it done I just hope it all goes ok and I don't suffer from too many side effects. The beginning of my journey..........watch this space :)

I'm all paid up and scheduled for the spatz balloon next Saturday (29 June) Really giddy about having it done I just hope it all goes ok and I don't suffer from too many side effects. The beginning of my journey..........watch this space :)

Congrats :) Good luck hun :)

You will be fine I had my 6 month balloon on 14th June the first 3 days were awful but now back to normal , have feelings of bloating but no burping as others suggest . I'm conscious of portion control and have no feelings of hunger . I starting walking 1 hr a day 5 days after insertion . I struggle to drink water but I heard it floats the balloon thus making you less hungry . I find one week on I can eat anything now .my consultant nurse told me not to eat bread of any sort or red meat so I'm keeping to the rules . I didn't have sedation when I had the procedure as no one knows I had this done and I had to be able to drive home I had a spray instead that numbed the back of the throat this was the worst part for me and not for the faint hearted . The worst part was the evening of the op and the following 2 days my tummy felt like a washing machine with razor blades inside so make sure you stay in bed and rest . By day 3 , I was up and moving so I wish you the best of luck . My balloon is the 6 month one called orbera lets us know how you get on .

Wow, you're brave, I don't think I could do it without the sedation, I imagine I would panic. Have you still not told anyone? I have only told my boyfriend and he has been really supportive, he's going to drive me home afterwards so I can have the sedation.
That's great that you were back to normal so quickly, I am supposed to be working on the Monday so I am hoping that I am fit enough to work.
Have you weighed yourself yet? Keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on.

Congratulations and good luck with the operation :)

Nicky xx

Started my medication today, 4 days before. Liquids only from midnight on Thursday and total fast from midnight on Friday. I am feeling so positive about things, making the decision to do this has made me feel like a different person. Hurry up Saturday!

Yes you will be fine for Saturday that will be the worst day together with Sunday , remember sips of water . I'm pretty much back to normal although still have bloating , my weight is coming off slowly 7 pounds in eleven days I still haven't told anyone . I don't want the agro of "what you spent that money on that ?" Or "how much have you lost " syndrome I can just be at peace with myself and answerable to myself . I hope you will be well enough to clock in and let us know how you get on . You will be walking on air once it's over especially the first 2 days after that you will need to use the balloon as a tool and get to know when you are full .its not evident . Did your provider say to avoid any foods ? For me it was bread of any sort and red meat I will be interested to know your reply . Take care and good luck

I will keep you informed of my progress. They haven't said to avoid anything yet but I guess I will find out their advice from Monday when the support starts. Only 12 hours to go, im nervous but giddy! I'm starving after liquids only today ;) I guess it won't go away for a while though so I better get used to it., ha, ha ;)

Today is the day ! Thinking of you , do clock in and tell us how you are when you are able . It s now 2 weeks since I had mine inserted and I'm getting to know when I'm full , if you over eat you will be uncomfortable so you need to know beforehand when enough is enough getting to understand these signs are somewhat harder to recognise especially when we love food but I'm getting an idea of just how much is enough and my mind set telling me stop eating ! I'm learning every day . I'm thinking of you I'm sure you are in good hands no pain .... No gain x

Feeling pretty crap but it's manageable. Lots of sickness and cramps. I don't feel like eating anything so that's a plus. I'm thirsty though, really thirsty. I know when I've drunk too much because the pain gets worse. Feel really tired too, I haven't managed to get up and do anything. How were your side effects at first?

Xx

Gosh I was looking for the thread to see how you were ? I had my balloon on a Friday and felt rubbish till the Monday and just got up to change the view from my bedside by the Tuesday I was feeling good . How are you today ? Take your time to recover you have an alien in your tummy and you need to adjust . My tummy is still bloated . How much have you lost don't forget you are just sipping water and when you start to eat a little you may put on a little but it does even out . I had to go to a sit down dinner party yesterday I knew I had way too much and had a very uncomfortable night so today I'm just detoxing what are you eating now ? My attitude has changed besides the blip yesterday I'm going for very good options like soup , chicken breast ( small ) are you burping ? I didn't to start with but I am now not big belching but small burps do let me know how you are getting on has your nurse called you ? I'm on my own now and my appointment is 20 July for updates with my provider good luck chin up you will feel better soon .

Hi,

Eurgh, still feeling pretty horrendous. I managed to eat a little bit yesterday, poached egg (mushed up) nice!
I've dropped 13lbs since Saturday but I feel like it's well earnt. I've stopped being sick now but feeling weak, tired and grumpy. Sleeping all of the time too.
I've ended up having this week off work as I couldn't physically manage :(
I've spoken to the nurse every day but they didn't call today. I woke up feeling the best I've felt this morning but as the day has gone on and I've tried to eat I've felt a bit ropey.
I know it's just settling in still so I'm staying focused and hopefully back to feeling human again by the weekend........fingers crossed.
Is there anything you would avoid or recommend?

Thanks
Lou x

It does get better... Hubby and I where literally couch potatoes for a week as I adjusted to having the space hopper and he recovered from man flu... I then spent another week recovering from the said man flu only I didn't get to sit on the couch for an extra week ...it was back to normal working conditions for me lol
Seriously though it does ease. Just remember to drink plenty and eat small portions but regularly. Dont drink at least half an hour before and after eating ;)
I suffered a lot with sickness but blamed the newly inserted balloon for this when in fact I wasn't eating enough or regularily enough and my stomach went into raging stomach acid mode making thing feel so much worse.
Did you get prescribed anything to help protect your stomach lining? i.e. oomperazole or lanzaperole? For me a PPI is an imperative ;)

MsGB - did you have the sedation during your insertion and if so, do you remember anything? I hear you can still remember the procedure even if you had the sedation. Am hoping I won't! :)

Well, I'm back to normal, I felt back to being me on Saturday so it took my body a week to adjust altogether.
I am taking lanzaperole FemFrankie. I keep forgetting though so I need to get on top of that.
Tiili, I did have the sedation and I remember parts of it but not all of it, it was really straightforward you will be fine.
I'm eating much smaller portions but I still think I am eating more than I probably should be. I received my support pack yesterday so onwards with that now.
I lost 12lbs in my first week, I intend to weigh myself this Saturday so I will let you know if I have lost any more. I began exercising on Sunday, I started the 30 day shred so I am hoping for some body changes too over the next month or so.

Lou

Well, I'm back to normal, I felt back to being me on Saturday so it took my body a week to adjust altogether.
I am taking lanzaperole FemFrankie. I keep forgetting though so I need to get on top of that.
Tiili, I did have the sedation and I remember parts of it but not all of it, it was really straightforward you will be fine.
I'm eating much smaller portions but I still think I am eating more than I probably should be. I received my support pack yesterday so onwards with that now.
I lost 12lbs in my first week, I intend to weigh myself this Saturday so I will let you know if I have lost any more. I began exercising on Sunday, I started the 30 day shred so I am hoping for some body changes too over the next month or so.

Lou

Great stuff Lou
The first week is pretty rough. It will be plain sailing now hun. Just stick to the plan & don't be tempted to overeat. Congrats on the weight drop as well ... Brilliant. :)

Hi Lou glad to see you are back to normal , it's difficult to know when we over eat until the deed is done , I write a food diary and can see what makes me bloated . You have done very well to loose that weight in such little time I have lost around 10 lbs since 14 th June but I have been good I think I have had 3 over eats (binges ) but I'm in control and they are less frequent . I'm eating very healthily and a lot less . I'm curious to know what your food support is that you mentioned ? I'm seeing my nurse on 20 th July . I'm doing one hours exercise each day ( power walking ) are you eating normal foods ? I am , although I havent touch bread or red meat as I was told it was off limits well done Lou again for the weight loss do keep in touch . I find it hard to follow some of our threads that's why I haven't replied for a while
Regards x

Back