• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Spire Edinburgh

gillianr2

Anyone used Spire Edinburgh for their TT? And if so could anyone recommend Mr Stuart and share their before and afters please?

Thanks

Hi! I had my tt done at the spire Edinburgh. My surgeon was Patrick Addison. I had a positive experience, wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I was done in Sept. Going back in April for breast uplift/reduction! I will need to do an up to date tummy shot!!

That's sounds great! Did you get to pick which surgeon you wanted at Spire or when you had consultation did they allocate Dr Addison to you? Not quite sure how it all works. I have a heart arrythmia problem too sop not sure if that will push the price up, it shouldn't do I suppose as it's pretty well controlled but i've never been under a general before (had spinal block ect though and was fine) xx

Hi! I actually got mine done through nhs but was sent to spire, so was just allocated mr Addison. However he was lovely so I have asked him to do boobs! (Am paying privately for them) 5 weeks today!!

What sort of timescale are you thinking of?

I think they are pretty fair as I have type 1 diabetes but haven't been charged more.

Look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Crackers x

Hi, I am probably looking at 6mths or so to lose the rest of the weight first before my gp can apply for TT for me. Then I have no idea how long it takes to get a yes or a no. If it's a no then it will be a couple of years as we can't afford it :( I had heard some good things about Spire in Edinburgh but had no idea that you could be sent there through NHS so that is excellent. My gp doesn't hold out much hope for getting me one through NHS although she says I more than meet all the criteria, there never has been a budget for it in my area and she has never known anyone to get one - she said she could get our local mp involved too. How long from applying did you have to wait until you actually had the procedure done? Your experience sounds very positive xx

To be honest my GP wasn't very hopeful either!! The GP referred me, asking for TT, boob uplift and also removal of lumps from diabetes injections that were now very obvious due to weightloss. I think I went to dr late 2012. But it is a psychology led thing so 1st appt was with psychologist, nurse and medical photography in feb 2013. Then a panel meets to discuss. It was agreed that I could be referred to surgeon for Lumps and TT, but boobs were purely cosmetic so that was a definite no at that point. Then I saw surgeon in June, and he agreed to go ahead. So at that point you come under the 12 week limit, and that is why you may be sent to spire. But it might have been the golden jubilee at Clydebank or indeed done at St Johns!! In fact my notes got lost do I got done just after the 12 weeks, in September 2013. But I think the funding is getting less and less all the time. So it really depends on infections, psychological effects, affecting your everyday life, etc, .

How much do you still have to lose?

Good luck anyway.

Wow! The time frame you've said isn't anywhere near as long as I had imagines, I had in my head it would take years from referal! That is very positive.

I have seen 2 counsellors (privately) who have both said that normally they wouldn't advise surgery to solve a body hang up as it tends to lead on to issues with another part of the body ect, but they both recognised the problem I have is only with my tummy and that I couldn't care less about the rest of me (boobs ect from pregnancy doesn't bother me). My belly affects me very much psychologically as well as physically. Like I wont do anything social with friends - I have dodged out of everything from weddings to funerals, which obviously has caused friction and I have lost friends over it as they think I am just being ignorant and have no idea of the real reason. I wont do things with the children like swimming or play groups. I have no intimacy with my husband. Physically I have to change my underwear 2-3 times a day because of sweating underneath the apron, if I don't do that then I end up with rashes and itching. It is also very uncomfortable, like the weight of it is as if it's pulling down and I have to lift it and manoevre it about, especially if I am sitting for any period of time, like driving, it becomes very uncomfortable. I know alot of people who hate their bellies, but mine is terrible, over the pubis area. I still have a few stone to go which I am hoping to crack over this next 6mths or so, certainly by the end of this year. If I knew there was any chance of a TT at the end of it then it would help to get me there as I have hit this point where I am thinking what is the point, I can lose the weight and this thing will still be here - in fact it gets worse with weight loss!
xxx

Hi! Well it sounds like your tummy is causing you enough problems, so you may well be successful on the nhs. I'd say go for it, get rid of the last bit of weight, because they won't look at you if you don't meet all the criteria. Whereas if you don't lose the weight you will be stuck with the tummy until you can save up!!

The psychological side of it all amazes me. I am now a size 8 to 10 on the bottom, size 12 on top. (Soon to be 10 I hope!!) but I still feel like I am big!! It's crazy. I am still not comfortable with my body - but I am positive this last op next month will help. I hated my boobs more than my belly!! But they were considered cosmetic!!

Oh good luck with your breast uplift - it is a horrible feeling when you truelly hate a part of yourself. I know alot of people see it as vanity but it's not. It's not like if I get a TT I will suddenly be running around a bikini, it's just I will be more likely to participate in all the things I am missing out on now as I will feel comfortable in myself again.

Yep I need to crack on and lose this weight, it's the only way I will know for sure whether the NHS will even consider me and if not then I know I have to try to find a way to do it privately and although that will take years it's got to be better than staying like this forever!

Am I right that you have to be bmi 27 before you can even be refered?
xxx

Back