• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

spoke to pct today....

Hi Helen, i would include every reason why you want the surgery ranging from health reasons, self esteem and general quality of life. I wouldn't hold back on anything which you feel they need to know. good luck with it hun x

Thanks Tammy, congratulations on your weight loss its fantastic, I bet you feel fantastic and very proud would you recommend having the bypass your weight and BMI is similar to mine when u started that is, also who did your bypass was it mr ammori? Did you get funding ? How long did it take you? sorry to bombard you with questions lol

Thankyou
Helenxxxx

Hi Helen, i initially was referred by my GP for the band but on meeting with Mr ammori and dicsussing my eating habits (binging and comfort eating junk foods) he felt that the bypass was the best option for me.

I visited my GP at xmas, my funding was approved in Feb and i had the bypass done at the end of may. all in all alot easier than i anticipated. (i know that alot of this depends on which PCT etc you are under and some people have batteld for their funding)

I was funded through the NHS with the wonderful mr ammori for the bypass and feel i have made one of the best decisions in my life. i was worried that it would affect me socially but i can still enjoy eating and drinking with friends but know that my eating is controlled due to the bypass. i would recommend it to anyone who was considering surgery.

The weight loss has been great but more importantly my health and self esteem has improved and i am alot happier with me!

Good luck with your supporting letter for funding. if you have any other questions hun ask away always happy to help and support where i can x

i worte everything down and did my research my GP felt that surgery was the only option for me too which did help. let me know how things go for you hun x

Hi Helen,

I am a recent post-op and can't really add much to what Tammy said except that my process took much longer. I did not have to fight for my NHS funding, so I am no help there. I was, however, not well educated about the process (I am from America) so I did not question how long things took. I live in Salford and the PCT here is just now working out the kinks in the process - it should be less than 6 months process from now on.

It can't be said enough that Mr. Ammori is fantastic and so is his support staff. I feel great and I am so very happy I made this choice. Keep the questions coming if you have them, it is why we are all here, to be supported and to support:)

Good luck on your journey hun.:D

Hi Phat girl

Thanks very much for your reply, I am going to start my letter today for the PCT i cant stop thinking about it, I was unable to see my GP on monday as planned as he was fully booked up, but after speaking to the PCT im glad i didnt as they said go to your GP armed with everything and your supporting letter so he can send this off with his letter, so i plan on seeing him on friday morning, I so hope he is supportive of my decision, i will be devastated if hes not.
Well done on your weight loss, that is fantastic, i bet you feel great,

Again thankyou
Will keep you posted
Helenxxx

We should all combine letters to the PCT Helen, we'd have the most fantastic letter at the end of it they couldn't possibly turn us down!!
xx

Hi Helen,

I agree with Tammy learn as much as you can. Take this to your GP. Write a list as I did. Get as much support as you can. Every area is so different. It might be much easier than mine. Put up a fight.

I too am fighting for the funding.

Last edited:
Gingernutter, we need to get together over a bottle of wine & fight the PCT together!!!
xx

Back