• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

it so real now scarey

CHUCKY

hi all had pre op yesterday at st richards all wnt well except my blood presure was through the roof.
My blood pressure has NEVER been high so have to see my gp mon and possibly go on pills till op in 2 weeks time.
Start milk diet wed cant beleive its really happening at last after waiting 15months.

anyone else on milk or starting soon?
cheers

hiya, it does come as a shock when its finalised and the date is getting closer.
It turned real when I got my admission confirmation letter. Im going to my pre op on tuesday and then in for op on Monday
! After waiting for nearly a year its a shock, which sounds daft as you know its coming but it smack into reality doesnt it ? :)

Your blood pressure was probably the stress and nerves you gave yourself for the pre op lol.

Good luck on your milk diet, I decided to stick with what my surgeon gave me, low fat/carb/cal well low everything lol. Day 5 and all is well in the Fat Elf's house(please use geordie accent:p)

Get a ticker and keep your eye on the countdown days. :D

Hi Julie am just on the beginning of my wls journey but did not want to read and run, wanted to say do u think ur bp could be through the roof poss due to all the excitement and poss nerves as ur op is just round the corner.
Hope all goes well for ya on ur pre op take care and have a good weekend xxx

thanks guys could be all stress of everything as you say causing blood pressure rise.

hi all had pre op yesterday at st richards all wnt well except my blood presure was through the roof.
My blood pressure has NEVER been high so have to see my gp mon and possibly go on pills till op in 2 weeks time.
Start milk diet wed cant beleive its really happening at last after waiting 15months.

cheers

i'm with the same surgeon as the elf there, i start my proper pre-op diet in a couple of days, my BP is already higher than it should be but i'm on tablets for that, as you see from my ticker not long for me, i go in 2 weeks on monday, op on the tuesday....as elf says, now we're in the homeward leg, reality sinks in with a big bump!! still it's what we've been striving to, best of luck ;)

cheers

Hi Julie
That's brilliant news for you. Don't worry too much about the BP - I'm on tablets for mine and when I told the anaethatists last week he was fine with it - its just so they are aware about how much anathestic to give you (I think!).
So am I right in thinking that you get your pre-op 2 weeks before the actual op? I've seen the anethatist and Head of Services and am due to go back 18 August for pschologists and dietician. Head of Services told me it would be another 4 months before the op (makes that Nov?), which would be 15 odd months since initial referral.
Let us know how you get on.
All the best

i'm starting the pre-op diet on Monday, and have a pro-op assessment on the 19th Aug, then admission to hospital on the 24th, op on 25th, dunno how that compares to everyone else in the scheme of things

Hi Julie, this happened to me at my pre op and they also found I was diebetic. My op got delayed untill both bp and diebetese were under control. Try not to get too stressed before your op (I know its easier said than done) so your bp comes down. Good luck, Gaynorxx

Chucky great news about dates etc, it is daunting as it gets nearer my 2nd 3 appts are in 10 days time and I am getting nervous when I think about it, I have the dentist the day before too............yuck.........however as you say its what we are striving for so upward and onward as they say. Good luck

Jay xx

Hi,

congrats on getting this far so fast it took me 2 and a half years! .The next 2 weeks will fly by in no time. You will be fine. Concentrate on sticking to that pre op diet as it is so important to shrink your liver and be make roon for the surgeon. You will feel a little nervous but in a few weeks you will be a big loser like me! I feel the best I have in YEARS!

I had my op last week at Charing cross. My blood pressure was 145/90 but one week late it is 130/80. I am like a new women.

Good news Julie. The blood pressure could be down to white coat syndrome, its very common. At Walsall they sit you down quiet for a while then take it again and more often than not its gone down again.

Anyway good luck with it all.

xx

thanks had blood pressure chceck and all fine started milk diet yesterday and so far so good :rolleyes:

good stuff , keep at it you know theres a pot of gold at the end of it lol:D

hiya julie hope the headache better ,an you will be fine your in brilliantly caring hands at st richards luv debbie xxxxx

Back