• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Textured foods - stage 3

luckyla

Hi everyone :)

I started textured foods on Wednesday this week and am doing well.
I know it's really important to stop eating as soon as I feel full. This is a real learning curve for me! I know people have said that everyone has their own feeling to know when enough is enough.
I've had a feeling that my tummy feels full to the top (kind of under my breasts in the centre of my chest) that belching does not relieve. Would you say that's my signal? I'm assuming it is and stopping at that point.

I'm managing on a tea plate just under 1/2 a small ready meal and slightly less in vegetables. Does this sound about right to those on stage 3 or who have already completed stage 3?

I get that feeling also, and I don't like it much. I wasn't sure if it was because I'd eaten too fast, not chewed it enough, or eaten too much. I suspect it's because I hadn't chewed it enough. I've always bolted my food, and it takes some concentration to chew it properly before swallowing it down. On a positive note though, I was 3 weeks post op on Wednesday gone, and I am managing everything - bread, pasta, meat. All in small portions of course, but my sleeve is happy to receive anything it seems. I also have mine on a teaplate most days. I had a Tesco lasagne the other night, not the long oblong container, just the small one, and I could only eat a third of it -it's like a miracle! I love my sleeve!

Back