• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stages of obesity

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hi
:confused:
I just wondered if anyone knew the weight stages of obesity
morbid
gross
etc...

Just wanted to make some goals

Thanks

Helen
x

hi i think you will find it is
severe morbid
morbid
obese
overweight
i think regards steve

Less than 20 – Underweight
Over 20 to 25 – Desirable or healthy range
Over 25-30 – Overweight
Over 30-35 – Obese (Class I)
Over 35-40 – Obese (Class II)
Over 40 – Morbidly or severely obese (Class III)

I think there is super Morbidly Obese but not sure when this kicks in.

I was 41 so started out as Morbidly Obese.

Hope this helps

Less than 20 – Underweight
Over 20 to 25 – Desirable or healthy range
Over 25-30 – Overweight
Over 30-35 – Obese (Class I)
Over 35-40 – Obese (Class II)
Over 40 – Morbidly or severely obese (Class III)

OOpsss... looks like Sue beat me to it..

I can't wait to just get to the obese stage. I know that does'nt sound good but its a target that is in reach quicker than the overweight stage. Margaret I too hate the obese word and would rather be called fat. Its what I was called as a kid so I can cope with that lolx

I feel exactly the same!! It isn't something I'd given a lot of thought to until I started this whole process. I guess they are just words at the end of the day. And sticks and stones may break my bones but....................

Haha I know. I thought that after I had posted it but then got distracted by pretty shoes so didn't follow it up!!! hahahahahaha!!

thanks guys x

my mum went to the dr's a few months ago about her knee, she came home upset and said the dr had put on her notes she was "a beast" LOL i said no its obese she wasnt chuffed with that either. x

Hurrah, I've reduced from super-morbidly obese to just plain old obese (stage 2). Still sounds bad though.

thanks guys x

my mum went to the dr's a few months ago about her knee, she came home upset and said the dr had put on her notes she was "a beast" LOL i said no its obese she wasnt chuffed with that either. x

Im sorry but that made proper giggle ' a beast' lol bless
Obese isnt a nice word, neither is fat or any abusive word, but when it hits home it matters:( Sometimes it takes a lot to hear it and let it stick but you hear it more when it has stuck.
Im waiting for the nicer words to stick....soon !:p

Guys, its only words - if we were cancer patients we would be described as being in stages - whereas they are horribly unlucky and go from stage 1 and increase until the worst happens, we go down the scale and going down is what its all about in my opinion! Onwards and downwards!

I had a real problem saying 'morbidly obese' when I found myself classed as that. Basically that label said 'you're so fat that it is killing you' and I wasn't ready to hear that. Eventually I was able to cope and took it as the medical warning that is should be. I did a great big happy dance when I waved bye-bye to it. I was even more excited to jump off the obese boat and become simply 'overweight' and now I stradle the cusp of 'healthy weight' by a few tiny decimal points and I am so excited to see that on the horizon. Think of them as mile markers on the weightloss journey, something to show you where you start and something to look forward to leaving behind. I know that saying goodbye to obesity is something that I want to make permanent so I celebrated when I did it. I was not so far from super morbidly obese when I started so I know how some of you feel. Just think of those labels not a hurtful slurs but helpful guideposts and know that each one gone will bring you closer to the land of healthy.

Nic:)

p.s. - why is it that 'fat' is an ugly word to describe adult people but something lovely to celebrate in babies & puppies? Also why does fat make-up some of the yummiest foods but doesn't make-up the 'yummiest' people? Hmmm...

My hang up isn't so much the name or the number, it's the colour on the chart, it goes from green for good, to orange for look out to RED for DANGER DANGER DANGER!!!!!

Stooopid thing!

Rx

the wii fit says something like "too much" when you get your weight (if you are at the top)

P.s - I didnt ask this to upset anyone but to work out my own goals if that makes sence
I want to go armed tomorrow with as much info as possible so my weight breakdowns are a must
so I know exactly where I will be at when I hit my "ideal" weight
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
helen

thanks guys x

What a cracker. Not funny to your Mum I'm sure but I've had a fit of giggles. This is fodder for my random mind. I can see myself recalling this in the most inappropriate situation and giggling myself silly, leaving others to wonder about my mental health.

Back