• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stalling / plateau

elffie01

Im Meellttinngg!! :)
hi all

not everyone reads my diary so I just wanted to put this out for the forum. :)

I have stalled /plateau's/flatlined whatever you want to call it for 2 weeks. Not one lb of weight has dropped off in 14 days. !! OH no..is it working ? Yeah I know that thought is in the back of your mind when it happens, it was in mine. Also I did think for a minute 'oh no thats it for me' having only ever lost 2st in total from dieting. This is different. You cant eat what you used to, you know that deep down, so stop beating yourself up about the stall. Stick with a healthy diet while you stall and when it moves it will move with a bang :D

It took 2 weeks for my body to decide it has to do as its told! But it gets the idea now and like a naughty kid is starting to behave. :p And this week Ive dropped 3lb. ! *cheer*

I just wanted to post this as some people do get despondent and may feel like they have been through the op and pain and nothing is moving. That then throws in the questioning of 'Was it worth it?' Hell yes it was.:D

Its your body adjusting it will right itself honestly. Just remember that you have been through major surgery, its easy to forget quickly how much your body has been through, especially when your scar(s) have healed on the outside. Your body is still healing on the inside. :)

SOOO to put it in a few words, I should have done that at the beginning but I like to make people read lol:p...

If you are stuck then stick with it guys and girls it will budge again....honest.:D

Great advice and your definately spot on! I have had stalling moments myself, ive even doubted if my pouch still worked, but like you say, once you get through those moments, you start to lose weight again and your confidence comes back!!!

You are absolutely correct. You do stall and then restart with a vengance - it can happen at any time! I found that eating protein at each meal helped to restart things too!

Thanks for this reminder. I'm not even on solid food yet but I'm sure a few weeks down the line this will apply to me as well as many others.

I just wanted to remind people its different from dieting. This op does work, dont get me wrong its not 100% but it works.

When you have been dieting for years you get into the mindset of ..if you dont lose one week your failing..Im sure you know what I mean. The same old routine, start a new one, stall/put on wieght, think this diet is a failure, start a new one etc etc.
And its hard to get yourself out of years of that way of thinking.

When I hit 2st I thought losing anything else would be a bonus as thats the most I have lost on any diet. But now Im past that bit I know this is working. I just want people to remember that it does work and stalling isnt the end of it. :D

great post Elffie, I love reading how you are getting on as I'm 2 weeks behind you. xx

I also stalled for 3 weeks. I increased my eating and drinking and sure enough it all started falling off again!

Well done on the weight loss elffie you have done so well since August and like the sensible person you are you know plateauxs happen to most people and it isnt your fault.
I am sure you will feel better though now you are seeing the scales dropping again Good luck

Jay xx

great post elfie and im sure it will encourage others when there feeling abit down.

Back