• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

start of day 2

julia in bath

on this pre op diet and i know i'm not meant to weigh every day but i do! lol
and i knows its only lost fluids but........
I weigh 6lbs less than yesterday morning.
considering how hard i'm finding this it's just the news i needed.
xx

Well done you!!

It's not easy at first, you just have to think of the benefits you will get when you stick to it!!

Hi hun just keep ur eyes on ur prize ur surgery. Well on done on losing the 6lbs but what might worry me is that if ur having a hard day and u decide to weigh urself and for some reason u have stayed the same or even gained a pound which is so possible for us women as our weights can go up and down for many reasons even when on a strict pre op diet.
The reason for us having a pre op is to reduce our liver`s for surgery as when we r overweight our liver is enlarged and they need our liver to be normal for a successful surgery.
So i know its hard but pls try and not weigh urself maybe take the batteries out of the scale or give the scale to someone to look after u till surgery so you are not tempted.
Hope u have a good day hun ur doing so well xxx

Hi - I can totally understand you, I am a terrible scale-hopper! I do have to keep having a reality check though, as T-N-R says above, we girls do fluctuate with our hormones.
A good tip I got from my bariatric nurse was to drink heaps of water as this helps with the loss by flushing out the rubbish. Plus of you get dehydrated, your body will cling onto any water and make the loss appear less.
Lots of luck with the diet - it is so worth it!

Lx

Nice weight loss and it does keep you on track, well it does for me. Stick to it hun its not what you lose its so long as you stick to it and shrink your liver, the weight loss is a super bonus

Saying that I thought Id broken my scales the other day, I stood on them and they made a cracking noise,I translated that to ' get off fat arse youve broken me' so I jumped off and got back on 3 times and they wouldnt work. I was mortified ! So I shook them and tried again woooooott they worked lol.
And Im off up now to check as I was weakening last night and I bought myself a thick malteser shake, with maltesers on top. !
I opened it, sniffed it and nearly threw up, even for me it smelt sickly so I binned it and fed the maltesers to the hubby lol :D

Well done on the loss - keep it up! I would be a daily weigher too but my OH locked them in the garage!!!

flipping heck 6lb thats great well done hope it carries on like that then teh better the result after xxx

You're doing so well. Keep it up. I know it's hard but you can do it. Just think about what your goal is - that will help you stay on the straight and narrow!!

Hey hun... I know exactly how you are feeling.

its day 3 of the pre op diet for me and whilst I am absolutely STARVING - the 5lbs I have lost so far have made it worthwhile. I too am a serial weigher.

Keep up the great work hun xx

Best tonic you will ever get and "well done you"....just goes to prove HARD WORK does pay off...Onwards and Downwards..
M

Today has been hard for me with the diet. Icould cry :( I'm not craving food as such, just feel like I need something in my mouth that crunches or has some substance to it. I'm sure tomorow will be alot better.

Having said all this I am soooo excited now for my surgery :)

Congratulations. That is amazing!

Congratulations you are doing very well. Well done for ditching the maltessers etc.

Rebirth

well nic and liz were right, of course i never doubted them and i'm very pleased to say that end of day 2 and i feel way better. not hungry (oddly) and only missing naughty food if i give it thought. yesterday i couldnt not think about it and i was very teary. i had horrendous headache last night and this morning and at one point today i thought i was going to throw up but been keeping water intake up and a little fruit juice stopped me feeling sick. so i can honestly say i'm getting into it now. Excellent point though about staying the same/putting on really being a downer, i know it wont stop me weighing but at least i'll try really hard to not let it get to me.
loads of love to you hayley, i hope it's easier for you tomorrow.

xxx

start of day three and i'm a total of 9lb down, great!

Well done to both of you and remember as tough as it seems at times its well worth the end goal. Its all the way down from here and Julia for you thats 9lbs gone forever.

Back